sharetrader
Page 5 of 326 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

I'm happily invested in all three listed companies in the sector, most happily in RYM!

I wonder though if a limiting factor in their growth will turn out to be the availability of suitable building sites in areas in which prospective clients will want to live. Has anyone researched this question?

Veteran novice

Golf courses and Race courses seem to be the best avenues for finding land. Many of these clubs are struggling with lower membership. They can carve off parcels of land, or consolidate with neighbouring clubs to free up land.
    ......As Summerset are planning at Hutt/Boulcott Farm. But failing such opportunities, I'm not sure that greenfields sites away from established residential areas will have much appeal. Still, if that's the only option.......

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    However, I note that Metlife have a philosophy of building in developed centres. They may mix this now with the merger with Vision.
    Different strategies. It meas the cost of land is more but it also means the holding costs while undeveloped are less.

I think a combo of the two is probably right - buy land to develop immediately where there is a need, but also land bank so that you have a constant stream of property to develop. Ryman couldn't have developed its good inhouse resource if it had a lumpy development schedule.

I invested in MET in the hope it can start to mirror some of RYM core strengths. No doubt they are looking at that and hopefully the shareprice will respond in due to. However, the bulk of my money is in RYM. In hindsight by diversification in the sector should have been into SUM but I think MET has the biggest opportunity to turn a corner. Time will tell.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post

If they can reach Ryman levels of earnings growth consistently, they should be good for $4.00. I am interested in doing more homework on this one, but its not a priority.
    Just take your time,none of us are in a hurry.Quality research is always worth waiting for.In the meantime RYM and SUM continue their upwards trejactory.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Going Ballistic

Average volume day but it has not closed this high since it last closed this high (8th-Jan-2013).

Has the slow but relentless upward pressure over the last three months finally overcome the resistance?

Will this be the break-out we have been waiting for and is it "$8 here we come"?

Climb aboard the afternoon tea trolley before all the Lamingtons are gone.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

...dear PT it appears you aint wrong....cheers

Hi PT I wanted to try the lamingtons this morning but the tea lady ignored my pennies (3.35). Ah well, too old to be chasing after her. After all the next tea lady, May, is just a day away.

Thumbs up Yes we have no Lamingtons

Whilst failing to achieve the gains of speculative shares such as Ryman and Summerset reasonable further share price appreciation was attained today.

Unfortunately we have run of sellers.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: hold MET, RYM & SUM.
    om mani peme hum

Any idea why met life sp is trending down? Are they turning their properties into kiwi fruit orchards LOL

Question Something to with buyers and sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemc View Post
    Any idea why met life sp is trending down? Are they turning their properties into kiwi fruit orchards LOL
    Would be nicer if they went and bought some land for a new development or two.

I would prefer that it stays up but above $3.30 I have no concerns.
    [ $3.24 - $3.30: 'keep an eye on it';
    $3.17 - $3.24: 'hope it doesn't drop further';
    $3.09 - $3.17: 'oh! This is a bit worrying';
    less than $3.09: 'whose stupid idea was it to buy this? ]

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum