sharetrader
Page 51 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Bull.
    Not being funny but look at the average prices of houses down your street.
    Then figure out whether you think those people who are about 70 years old living in your street would have a mortgage.
    Then ring your local retirement village and find out the price of a two bedroom unit.
    Get back to me if the unit is over half the price of the oldies current home.
    sounds like a ponsi scheme to me percy once all your buddies down the street are gone who gonna be left
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sounds like a ponsi scheme to me percy once all your buddies down the street are gone who gonna be left
    Better check the price of the retirement village unit you want to move into,before your neighbours beat you to it.!
    Totally agree with you about the Ponzi scheme.RYM have not been back to their shareholders for more cash since they listed.
    Last edited by percy; 14-07-2017 at 04:01 PM.

also the fact that birth rates in NZ are declining and every politician wants to slow migration down - who gonna be left once baby boomers gone

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Better check the price of the retirement village unit you want to move into,before your neighbours beat you to it.!
    Totally agree with you about the Ponzi scheme.RYM have not been back to their shareholders for more cash since they listed.
    I hope I will be able to stay in my own place as long as possible leave money for my kids instead of giving 30%+ to a retirement village , anyway im quite young so when i reach that age as per my comments above im sure there will be plenty of dis counted units if i do decide to go into a retirement unit.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I hope I will be able to stay in my own place as long as possible leave money for my kids instead of giving 30%+ to a retirement village , anyway im quite young so when i reach that age as per my comments above im sure there will be plenty of dis counted units if i do decide to go into a retirement unit.
    Yes should happen in about 30+ years time.

ps.At that time the analysts will all be saying "we warned everyone this would happen 55 years ago.".....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 14-07-2017 at 04:17 PM.

After taking some profits from ATM last week i decided to finally double down on this one making my average a bit more bearable. I figure if there is any time this share will bounce back it is around results season, especially if the company has managed to grow NTA even further then it already is. Forecasted 15% growth on underlying profit for the year is not as great as SUM others but it is good enough for me considering it is trading at a discount to NTA.

Wish me Luck lol

MET receiving no love in this sector the last few weeks. RYM, OCA and SUM are all on good bounces. Not sure why MET isn't enjoying the same sector sentiments?

MET is more exposed to Auckland than the other more diversified agecare providers. It's also not really building on the same scale either.
    MET also doesn't have the same great continuum of care that the others have. Customers turning up at their villages with their tennis rackets, with less care needs than the others- OCA in particular.

Result = MET is more of a property business rather than an aged care business, so it lacks the premium valuation.

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    MET receiving no love in this sector the last few weeks. RYM, OCA and SUM are all on good bounces. Not sure why MET isn't enjoying the same sector sentiments?
    Wondered this myself, low PE, reasonable growth/profits and good cash flow. Looks like all the volume is with OCA at the moment though. Actually been thinking about flicking my ARV and topping up OCA.

Edit: Cheers Huxley, makes sense.
    Last edited by tipsy; 09-08-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I'm cycling thru the sector and buying weekly not worrying too much about price thou I do try and buy more when I think one is oversold. Margin account is great to have as my limit grows weekly and gives me capital to jump on something if I don't have cash that week. Buying exclusively retirement sector at present - might win or lose on a weekly price but I don't care