sharetrader
Page 53 of 326 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Well comparing to the charts with MET and SUM seems to show that MET is on a better bounce than SUM currently. MET currently at 5.79 appears to have broken above the 90 & 180 MA, whereas, SUM is currently trading at 4.93 is below the 90 MA and level/below the 180 MA.

Appears the sentiment towards SUM is no better than MET. Disc: Holding both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A one year comparison between SUM (blue) and MET (yellowish) seems to show a different picture ... SUM is nicely ahead ...

But, yes - I agree this comparison is as inconclusive as yours. The difference is disappearing in the noise.

Attachment 9073

Personally I would at see at this stage less risks with SUM (better building stock, more geographic diversification), but who am I trying to predict the future?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-08-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: removed duplication
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

A 6 month comparison seems to show a different picture... MET is nicely ahead.

I would agree that SUM is in a better position for growth, however, with a higher amount of liabilities to Assets i would think the risk lies there if the economy took a hammering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Member

Pretty happy with the result. Not a stormer like others but trucking along. Should get a nice little bump today.

 Reported net profit after tax of $251.5 million, up 10%
     Underlying profit2 of $82.1 million, up 24%
     Net Tangible Assets (NTA) per share of $6.43, up 21%
     Underlying operating cash flows3 of $51.3 million, up 2%
     235 development units and care beds delivered, up 124%
     Realised development margin of 23%, up from 13%
     Embedded Value4 of $269k per unit, up 29%
     Loan to Value Ratio5 of 4.8%, improved from 6.3%
     Acquisition of new Botany village site in East Auckland
     Final dividend of 5.8 cents per share; total dividend 8.05 cents per share, up 40%.

I'm pretty happy with it. Happy the divvy increased as it was like pissing with prostate problems previously. I'm only disappointed I didn't double up. I've never understood how this share could trade under NTA

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Pretty happy with the result. Not a stormer like others but trucking along. Should get a nice little bump today.

 Reported net profit after tax of $251.5 million, up 10%
     Underlying profit2 of $82.1 million, up 24%
     Net Tangible Assets (NTA) per share of $6.43, up 21%
     Underlying operating cash flows3 of $51.3 million, up 2%
     235 development units and care beds delivered, up 124%
     Realised development margin of 23%, up from 13%
     Embedded Value4 of $269k per unit, up 29%
     Loan to Value Ratio5 of 4.8%, improved from 6.3%
     Acquisition of new Botany village site in East Auckland
     Final dividend of 5.8 cents per share; total dividend 8.05 cents per share, up 40%.
    Pretty happy with Underlying profit up 24%, nice surprise i was only expecting 15%, and NTA now 6.43. Also glad i topped up a few weeks ago.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I'm pretty happy with it. Happy the divvy increased as it was like pissing with prostate problems previously. I'm only disappointed I didn't double up. I've never understood how this share could trade under NTA
    Trying to put that imagery to one side...For some time, it had been comparatively unloved (oversold?) what with IFT selling its stake, having a big presence in Auckland in a consolidating property market, and its leaky buildings issue. So the result is a bit of a relief. I continue to hold.

I bought shares in MET 4-5 years ago, and the dividend yield (on the purchase price) is now equivalent to just over the one-year term deposit rate at a big aussie bank.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 28-08-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Maybe a bit of upside from some of the brokers picking MET as a good performer this year? Think I saw a Herald article sometime this week?

Looking forward to results tomorrow, expecting something solid. Hopefully we can get a nice lift to the share price like SUM on Friday.

Was a nice close on Friday (perhaps off the back of SUM results). Good to see the share price bounce back above the 50 day MA could be the start of a nice uptrend if the results are good tomorrow.

Still making heaps of money ...but less than what they made in same period prior.

Real profit (npat) down $109m but Underlying only down $2m ....that’s why people love this Underlying Profit game.

Main reflection of worth / value is Book Value up $44m from June last year

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...697/275122.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 26-02-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”