sharetrader
Page 63 of 326 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Looking at the chart, it definitely looks like its built a fairly solid base over the last 3-4 months around the mid $4 level and has now broken up through the 100 day MA.
    NTA is just on $7 so it is very cheap and I have a lot of SUM already so I have taken a small nursery position in this one as the forward PE is only ~ 10 and the discount to NTA is so big. Probably regret it, (stop loss set at $4.35), but its just a small punt, lets see how we go.

PS I bought some more SUM today as well
    Nursery and old folks home - good combo

I knew you couldn't resist the temptation - its been burning a hole in your pocket for so long

Get BlackPeter on board -that'll confirm MET as a real value play
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Come on Beagle show SUM balls and go Coutaish.

MET shareprice turned down when SUM collapsed from its highs

SUM share price has turned up - MET hasn't as yet ...but no doubt will

Good timing Beagle - guru you are but may regret not doing the coutaish thing

Nah, We've got a truckload of money in the Auckland property market already and MET's properties are mostly in Auckland. Makes no sense to go too much bigger but might double down on the original small punt if the emerging share price uptrend continues... Lets see what they have to say at next weeks annual meeting on 24th.

You guys know what they say about a rising tide lifting all boats, heck even OCA up today !
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Shareprice gone gangbusters today ..up 4%

Beagle once again looks like he’s picked the bottom ...and he told us as well.

$30 million buy-back announced today. $500m of developments over the next 3 years. NTA just on $7.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...191/310478.pdf
    "Hounded" up a few more today.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

MET is going to be the star of the retirement sector stocks over the next year

Could be a good move reducing SUM and RYM and going overweight MET

Maybe thats happening going by today’s movements in these stocks.

Instos love getting their way

Was too cheap eh. Even though I didn't want too my nose for a feed was screaming at me to buy. Chart provides quite a bit of encouragement now as does the buy-back.
    Not selling my SUM though. My sense here is a patient dog should get a good feed. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...-feedback.html

Wonder if this is some of the robust feedback they are referring too ? Posted 27 August 2019
    What am I missing ? They think they've just reported a strong result, what's strong about it ?
    The CEO and directors think its better to invest in building new units and make say approx. 25% development gains going forward than buying shares at $4.36 and make a 50%+ gain if they can get the shares back to NTA. Buy-back means less shares on issue and is quite obviously more eps accretive than building new units, surely this is perfectly obvious to anyone capable of putting numbers into a calculator ? I think the board are in denial about the seriousness of the discount to NTA issue..
    Expenses have also grown at quite an alarming rate too. I think those two things mean this is a very good stock to avoid in this sector. Beagle
    I didn't hold back lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    MET is going to be the star of the retirement sector stocks over the next year..
    I think you're probably right. Looking to add even more...should have "done a Couta" in the first instance
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...5+October+2019

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think you're probably right. Looking to add even more...should have "done a Couta" in the first instance
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...5+October+2019
    Well I was encouraging you that way a couple of weeks back, you spotted the opportunity so should have backed yourself.