sharetrader
Page 64 of 326 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

I've been buying a lot (well for me) in the 4's. I really didn't care to much about anything except the deep discount to NTA. I assumed that it could become a takeover target. Anyway share price movement is share price movement in the end

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well I was encouraging you that way a couple of weeks back, you spotted the opportunity so should have backed yourself.
    Couts, I think beagle was really worried about the leaky buildings problem and that put him off

Obviously not a worry anymore
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well I was encouraging you that way a couple of weeks back, you spotted the opportunity so should have backed yourself.
    I've known for weeks that I'm doing a real Couta on Barramundi warrant exercise today, I can't do a Couta everywhere mate or I'll turn into one
    Leaky buildings still a problem, of course, but the discount to NTA already encapsulates that issue they're steadily working through, many times over...
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-10-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couts, I think beagle was really worried about the leaky buildings problem and that put him off

Obviously not a worry anymore
    Well, there was big crossing earlier of 1.3ml share at $4.76 each. Buy back might help, but still systemic issues lie there.

When is Oceania going to do a buyback ....seems the thing that laggards do these days

They have there 4-5 year program they're steadily working their way through on remediation issues and they're certainly not the only retirement village operator with problem buildings to fix. Discount to NTA in my opinion is because a lot of people took a very negative view on Auckland property prices and where they were headed and thought we would follow Sydney and Melbourne. Emerging evidence all round including in Sydney and Melbourne that the bottom is in and we're on the up and up.
    More details on buy-back next month. In the meantime, no worries
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

When is Oceania going to do a buyback ....seems the thing that laggards do these days
    Macca dont want to eat any more peanuts, he wants to spit them out.

Maybe SUM other company might do one seeing as they're still more than a dollar less than this time last year despite growing earnings heaps.

At least MET are getting the cash for the buyback from selling something ...better than borrowing even though they say they have a ‘robust’ balance sheet

No doubt most punters believe buybacks are the bees knees

Auckland house prices to boom

Auckland's next house price boom could be on the verge of taking off, leading to warnings to first-home buyers to buy now or risk being locked out of the market forever.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12280515

It’s a Westpac economist report so take it with a grain of salt but whatever it’s the sort of news MET Shareholders love