sharetrader
Page 80 of 326 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
    Banned

Imagine if the buyer is Macca the elephant, how does a MET-OCA combo sound.

Macca's can have mine but I want $8.50 if its them
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Brookfield Property group stole Aveo AOG on ASX way below asset backing, hope its not them fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Brookfield Property group stole Aveo AOG on ASX way below asset backing, hope its not them fishing.
    That pup had cancer, MET just has a few fleas and nothing a good dose of flea powder won't fix
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

No it didnt , maybe fleas but the whole sector has been in the doldrums in Aus.

Banned

Aveo ex director **** Pooh at their own resident unit....u called that just a flea? Plus corrupted Malaysian owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The barking was nice and clear at $4.40 ! Better late than never to a good party though so welcome aboard to you and the hungry little bear. I bought more this morning myself at $5.80 so clearly I think there's plenty of juice left in this deal.

Like buying a house with potential isn't it mate. The buyer who does the work to crystalize the potential deserves the reward and that's why I think NTA of $7 or only a very slight premium over that, should be enough to carry the day.
    Yes the beagle did start barking at 440 ...so loud dog control was called in try and cut the noise down

Wasn’t that long ago either ....40% gain with plenty more to come pretty good effort

That beagle got the timing right big time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think everyone (except baa) is getting a bit overexcited with this. I will stay well clear it could end in tears.

Forward underlying PE (for this company growing earnings on average at 15% per annum) at $5.80 is just 11.7 making it the cheapest in the sector by quite some margin, (as mentioned previously). There's the fallback right there and if that's tears, then cry me a river

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I think everyone (except baa) is getting a bit overexcited with this. I will stay well clear it could end in tears.
    You might have a point ... the chart certainly looks breathtaking:

METchart.jpg

In normal times people might watch for this gap above $5.25 to be filled - and then - look at the RSI. But hey, it all depends on how these takeover discussions are going ... SP might keep crawling up (though I doubt it will go much over NTA) - or it might come crashing down. Exciting times.

Discl: hold (and wish I would have bought more below $5 ...);
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)