sharetrader
Page 81 of 326 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Aveo ex director **** Pooh at their own resident unit....u called that just a flea? Plus corrupted Malaysian owner?
    Funny that, i switched from TV3 news here when they made a tourist pooing in the gutter headline news a while back. Sure media are in perfect storm so anything to get attention, dumbing down with gutter triviality to survive! Fleas.

Brookfield were the main buyers, along with shareholder Mulpha whose business culture is prob normal back home, massively leveraged. Cant imagine MET going that cheap here though, the business models and environment here are more profitable in a better cycle atm . Brookfield could be fishing, testing with a lowball offer though.MET has been undervalued and underperforming for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Funny that, i switched from TV3 news here when they made a tourist pooing in the gutter headline news a while back. Sure media are in perfect storm so anything to get attention, dumbing down with gutter triviality to survive! Fleas.

Brookfield were the main buyers, along with shareholder Mulpha whose business culture is prob normal back home, massively leveraged. Cant imagine MET going that cheap here though, the business models and environment here are more profitable in a better cycle atm . Brookfield could be fishing, testing with a lowball offer though.MET has been undervalued and underperforming for a long time.
    Underlying profit grew 97% in the five years to 30 June 2019, (92% for RYM). Those numbers and that benchmark comparative speak for themselves...and those numbers when for many years the Auckland market was very flat. If that's underperformance then I hope it simply continues at exactly the same rate
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Cheers for that.How about longterm over 10 years. i note the s/p for both
    RYM from re $2.50 to $14.00
    MET re $2.40 to re $4.50 before take-over talk. Dont know how much share dilution over that time

My view is that companies change a lot over time and going back further than the most recent 5 year comparative analysis is more likely than not, to be unhelpful.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Says it all to me, MET hadn't even doubled RYM on the way to 6 bagger ! Anyways good luck to current holders, hope a real deal is offered, although id hate to see another company head offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Says it all to me, MET hadn't even doubled RYM on the way to 6 bagger ! Anyways good luck to current holders, hope a real deal is offered, although id hate to see another company head offshore.
    If price is all you're interested and you're simply following TA that's fine but as I alluded too when MET were in the low $4's MET's forward underlying PE was only 10 and RYM's nearly triple that at about 28 so MET shareholders are getting vastly better value, and that from a company that's actually grown underlying earnings faster in the last 5 years despite a flat Auckland housing market.

Youi either get it than RYM is trading on long distant past glories of faster growth rates, or you don't, and there's plenty who have an attachment to the stock because of the wealth its built for them over time, which is fine and perfectly understandable but that in itself doesn't mean the stock is value or a buy at $14+ for others.
    I try and find stocks where the TA and FA are compelling. It doesn't happen very often but when it does then its happy days

The forecast underlying earnings per share for SUM, MET and RYM for FY20 are not much different to each other...only a matter of a few cents per share. Hmmm, maybe they should all merge

Veteran novice

The forecast underlying earnings per share for SUM, MET and RYM for FY20 are not much different to each other...only a matter of a few cents per share. Hmmm, maybe they should all merge
    What? And give us another "market dominator"?

Like Fonterra?

I hope the Metlifecare Board will not reject a ‘decent’ offer outright because they consider it ‘undervalues the company’ or whatever the phrase is.

Even if the offer is only ‘half decent’ in their eyes they should still let long suffering shareholders have a say/decide .....some/many looking for the get out jail free card.

Be good if it all became hostile.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Slightly stronger tone to MET bidding today. Leaky ship after SUM progress over the weekend ?