sharetrader
Page 90 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No news so far this week

I think tomorrow is crunch time one way or the other
    Could be Christmas Eve, W69.

High stakes negotiation taking place and according to AFR article I was reading this morning, many an investment banker has had his/her Christmas hols cancelled or postponed due to need to get deals done!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could be Christmas Eve, W69.

High stakes negotiation taking place and according to AFR article I was reading this morning, many an investment banker has had his/her Christmas hols cancelled or postponed due to need to get deals done!
    Could well be .....get those deals done by year end and get the bonuses up.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Could well be .....get those deals done by year end and get the bonuses up.
    But as a general rule, a good deal is a fast deal so you could well be right that the deal is grinding to a halt.

Good news is that MET is a good share to hold, but bad news is obviously that sp will probably retrace down short term.

But as a general rule, a good deal is a fast deal so you could well be right that the deal is grinding to a halt.

Good news is that MET is a good share to hold, but bad news is obviously that sp will probably retrace down short term.
    I agree as they say a good deal is a fast deal ...and we are lead to believe that this was a ‘credible’ offer.

You’d think the big boys would want the guts of the deal out of the way soon and tell us ....and let the minions work over the break doing the donkey work and putting together the screeds of documents needed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

While we wait I will add my 2 cents on the appointment of Jarden and costs involved.

No way this would have been referred to Jarden's investment banking team if there wasn't a good chance the deal could be done.
    Under the takeovers code I would think the costs of Jarden's appointment would have to be met by the interested credible bidder and the costs (given this has been worked on by working groups, plural, would be quite significant).

Jarden without question the right team to work on this and are widely regarded by institutional investors as the best deal makers in the business.

I would think its likely the potential acquirer would want to do thorough due diligence on weathertightness so that's a real chance on what is delaying this.

I would expect some impatient punters might spit the dummy if this deal isn't done by Christmas, I won't be one of them as I believe at around the current price of $6 there is compelling value in the stock regardless of the outcome. I have bought the right amount so I am happy to invest long term regardless of the outcome.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-12-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    While we wait I will add my 2 cents on the appointment of Jarden and costs involved.

No way this would have been referred to Jarden's investment banking team if there wasn't a good chance the deal could be done.
    Under the takeovers code I would think the costs of Jarden's appointment would have to be met by the interested credible bidder and the costs (given this has been worked on by working groups, plural, would be quite significant).

Jarden without question the right team to work on this and are widely regarded by institutional investors as the best deal makers in the business.

I would think its likely the potential acquirer would want to do thorough due diligence on weathertightness so that's a real chance on what is delaying this.

I would expect some impatient punters might spit the dummy if this deal isn't done by Christmas, I won't be one of them as I believe at around the current price of $6 there is compelling value in the stock regardless of the outcome. I have bought the right amount so I am happy to invest long term regardless of the outcome.
    Could BUPA be the purchaser? Just a thought.

I agree as they say a good deal is a fast deal ...and we are lead to believe that this was a ‘credible’ offer.

You’d think the big boys would want the guts of the deal out of the way soon and tell us ....and let the minions work over the break doing the donkey work and putting together the screeds of documents needed
    MET is not a Mickey Mouse company (market cap of over $1 billion with a credible board) so I would say the offer is definitely a credible one - means party is credible and indicative offer (price) is acceptable for directors to allow due diligence & negotiations to take place.

Possibility exists that the board may be asking too much beyond NAV.

Even holding out for NAV may be asking too much - presumably if a deal at NAV was likely the SP wouldn't be sitting 14% lower right now. Maybe the whole point was to strike while the price was weak and get a nice discount to asset value

MET is not a Mickey Mouse company (market cap of over $1 billion with a credible board) so I would say the offer is definitely a credible one - means party is credible and indicative offer (price) is acceptable for directors to allow due diligence & negotiations to take place.

I think that's likely to be bang on the money. I did hear a whisper from someone who works for Jarden that the deal has to start with a "7" which is what I have been saying all along. I don't think eight dollars something is justifiable and likewise, six dollars something isn't enough.

I remain of the view the longer this goes on, the more likely a deal will happen.

The only deal I have been involved with as a Trustee involving tens of millions took 6 weeks to negotiate. This obviously involves a lot more money than that one.
    The main purpose of this post is to encourage people to be patient.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-12-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

This is dream situ for traders.Theyve had plenty of time to load up and now feed them into the mkt making a quick good profit at no risk.