sharetrader
Page 95 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast

I like the $8 valuation comment...

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Probably dead in the water, no way anyone's going to pay $8 plus for this, they are kidding themselves.
    You should read it again. Up to $8 depending on house price inflation and building cost inflation assumptions. There's always a range to the value of a business depending upon valuation modelling.

I am interested that there are 2 other parties interested. JT could have a point and $6.50 could be the new floor given this company is still in play, (initial rejection of the first initial offer by one of the parties given there are three interested is by no means the end of this).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

MET should restart the buy back... could improve the SP!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You should read it again. Up to $8 depending on house price inflation and building cost inflation assumptions. There's always a range to the value of a business depending upon valuation modelling.

I am interested that there are 2 other parties interested. JT could have a point and $6.50 could be the new floor given this company is still in play, (initial rejection of the first initial offer by one of the parties given there are three interested is by no means the end of this).
    Nope it says ranges to in excess of $8.

Guru

sounds like another STU here... offer gets put in there, board comes back and trumpets how great they are and wants more based on various (lofty?) assumptions, offer goes away and share price collapses back to pre-take over notice. (as for the two other parties, they were probably only willing to offer $5, maybe $6 tops)

Will be intriguing to see how things pan out... $6.50 and $8+ is quite a large difference I would think.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Banned

Hey winner what you going to do? wait or cash up for Christmas, think I'll toss a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nope it says ranges to in excess of $8.
    Okay, yes, the valuation range extends to $8+. This does not mean an offer at say estimated NTA as at 31/12/19 of $7.25 would be rejected. I think its well worth noting that the board told the credible interested buyer that $6.50 was below its view of fair value (indicated that it would not be supported), but the party went ahead with expensive due diligence anyway. Join the dots, I think its very unlikely their first offer will be their last especially now its clear there are two other interested parties.

"Metlifecare has recently communicated these circumstances to the third party. Although it is possible that the third party might put forward a further revised proposal, there can be no assurance that any such offer will be made or that an offer may emerge from the other parties that have expressed interest"

There are multiple parties interested in a takeover. Blind Freddy could tell you the stock is "in play".

If ACC and other institutions are not taking $6.50 then neither am I.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I've got a bucket load of these on margin, I'd be happy to see a bit more price but wouldn't want to lose this one. Watching very carefully.
    Last edited by bohemian; 19-12-2019 at 04:49 PM.

IMO

High as $6.15, holding $6.10 atm.Be plenty taking their profits atm.Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    sounds like another STU here... offer gets put in there, board comes back and trumpets how great they are and wants more based on various (lofty?) assumptions, offer goes away and share price collapses back to pre-take over notice. (as for the two other parties, they were probably only willing to offer $5, maybe $6 tops)

Will be intriguing to see how things pan out... $6.50 and $8+ is quite a large difference I would think.
    Well, so far it looks like SP keeps rising ... which means Mr. Market agrees they are currently too cheap.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)