sharetrader
Page 98 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Hope there be some speculative buying today and pushing price up to $6.40 odd ...or will the market see the announcement as a big negative.

Even that’s cheap as - I hear it’s worth at least $8
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope there be some speculative buying today and pushing price up to $6.40 odd ...or will the market see the announcement as a big negative.

Even that’s cheap as - I hear it’s worth at least $8
    We might as well stay on the bus a bit longer winner and hope we don't get a flat tyre.

Banned

Wow $8....where u heard it from? Naughty Jarden's someone. Absolutely no no these days....end of career...lol

Banned

Another dollar will only make Met....$1.5b market cap...I think we will get another higher offer....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Wow $8....where u heard it from? Naughty Jarden's someone. Absolutely no no these days....end of career...lol
    ....no no - Mr Ellis said so yesterday when he said $6.50 wasn’t enough.

Banned

I know Winner. . just joking 😄

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    We might as well stay on the bus a bit longer winner and hope we don't get a flat tyre.
    Agree - while punters are excited with talk of three bidders and this 8 bucks where can you go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I know Winner. . just joking ��
    I know king - but don’t ask where I got the $6.40 I mentioned yesterday morning from (need to clean my ears I reckon)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For a second there I thought the bid had been announced at $6.40 lol, The barking would be fierce lol
    They've done enough so no discount to NTA could be considered as being fair and reasonable.
    So the answer to you question still has to be NO ...they (Met Board) haven’t done enough to get the market to recognise what MET might be worth.

Well respected Board but I think they’ve been a bit slack in this respect (been running the company operationally OKish rather than raising the profile of the company if you get what I mean)

And now we have to put our faith in thevsame Board to actually get a good price for us

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So the answer to you question still has to be NO ...they (Met Board) haven’t done enough to get the market to recognise what MET might be worth.

Well respected Board but I think they’ve been a bit slack in this respect (been running the company operationally OKish rather than raising the profile of the company if you get what I mean)

And now we have to put our faith in thevsame Board to actually get a good price for us
    I think they could have been more proactive with the buy-back. I've said it before, buying back the companies own shares in the mid-late $4's was a complete no brainer at such a deep discount to NTA.
    Maximum in any one year as I understand it is 5% so that would have been 5% x 213m shares = 10.65m shares at say an average of $5 = $53m allocated. They allocated just $30m to this process despite having a ~ $900m development pipeline over the next 3 years so yes I would agree a more proactive stance should have been taken and it shouldn't have taken shareholder activism to get them to do this.

3 Parties interested. I am quite confident someone is going to pay at least the net tangible asset backing of just over $7 (estimated at 31 December 2019).
    Patience is all that's required here from shareholders. Remember the market is often a place that shifts value from the impatient, to the patient
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-12-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine