sharetrader
Page 149 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2310

The first six months have been nothing short of stellar. With reporting season coming up, I wonder how the market will hold up come year end. Considering that a lot of shares are overpriced, there might be a slight correction going forward OR it could just be more of the same if the reports hold up to meet the expectation or even exceed that. Time will tell..

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    The first six months have been nothing short of stellar. With reporting season coming up, I wonder how the market will hold up come year end. Considering that a lot of shares are overpriced, there might be a slight correction going forward OR it could just be more of the same if the reports hold up to meet the expectation or even exceed that. Time will tell..
    follow the overseas markets will help give you clue
    one step ahead of the herd

is there any way to find out which stocks are included in the nzx50 and which ones are borderline ones

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    is there any way to find out which stocks are included in the nzx50 and which ones are borderline ones
    The top 10 are here and the other 40 are here (mid-caps) ..There is a measure for rebalancing and that methodology change takes effect on 8th September....when the rebalancing of the NZx50 occurs backdated to the last Friday of August (updated methodology..end date change)....The methodology is not entirely reliant on the market value of the company but its close...so the top 50 Mkt cap value of companies at close on the last friday of August may give you an approximate clue....

Ive based my assumptions on the Mkt Caps with my quote from from Messenger on the 19th July (saves typing it out again ) ".....Ok.....I've had a look.....Rough eyeball calc says if prices say around this area between now to the end of August......This could happen The top 10 Trademe out SKC out AIR in Zero in...so some pricing may move with the insto rebalances............The NZX50 (and Midcaps)..CVT out Investore out NZX out Tegel in PPH in T&G in.....
    Last edited by Hoop; 26-07-2017 at 02:02 PM.

thanks for that hoops

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    thanks for that hoops
    If you want a good telling off cdonald I dare you to ring the NZX and ask for a listing.

If you use a broker and nice to them they'll probably give you the secret list.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    8100 im thinking from consolidation breakout
    tracking up nicely

Guru

For us Plebs it not long to wait now to see who's in and who's out

tracking nicely to our 8100 target ( the target from the breakout ) market still looks cheap in places and govt anouncement might get us across the line.

Advanced Member

It is a bit of a worry when the success of the market is all over the news. Sure sign it overpriced and toppy