sharetrader
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113
Results 1,681 to 1,685 of 1685

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Does anyone know when the last time was that the NZX fell 330 points in a day?
    @marklisternz
    Wow. That was the worst day for the NZ market since October 16, 2008, almost a decade ago. The NZX 50 is down 7.0% from the record highs of last month. Australia is faring better, down 2.6%, while Japan and China are off more than 4% so far today.
    “I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing “ — Socrates

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    @marklisternz
    Wow. That was the worst day for the NZ market since October 16, 2008, almost a decade ago. The NZX 50 is down 7.0% from the record highs of last month. Australia is faring better, down 2.6%, while Japan and China are off more than 4% so far today.
    Thanks winner. The question is is Mr Lister talking about the worst day in % terms or in points terms. Did not think it was that long ago that 330 point drop was registered!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Thanks winner. The question is is Mr Lister talking about the worst day in % terms or in points terms. Did not think it was that long ago that 330 point drop was registered!
    Knowing mark probably %age terms

@marklisternz
    The last decent sell-off we had in the local market was in the final quarter of 2016, two years ago. That one lasted two months, and saw the NZX 50 fall 12.0%. After bottoming in November 2016, the index rallied 20.4% in the following 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by dameofdiv View Post
    Dear all, sorry to be asking so bluntly.
    Is today a good time to buy shares? If I have some money now, which stock would you recommend that I buy please?

Appreciate any help and reply.
    Plenty of buyers yesterday .....every share is still owned by somebody

In aggregate just as many ‘got in’ as ‘got out’
    Last edited by winner69; 12-10-2018 at 03:03 AM.