sharetrader
Page 172 of 231 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2310

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’ll get the bargain hunters even more excited
    sellers are frothing at the mouth over these higher prices just need more volume on the bid before we unleash them this afternoon
    one step ahead of the herd

have to agree with the nzx on this one

It appears from the Tax Working Group's interim report that a different capital treatment is contemplated for Australasian shares held by investors directly, compared to those to held through PIEs," they noted

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/108699378/tax-plan-could-see-kiwi-firms-shift-hqs-to-australia-nzx-warns

look at xero moved for better liquidity
    Last edited by bull....; 20-11-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Guru

Xero is just one of a string of NZ companies ending up being foreign-owned or seeking better access to capital by moving off-shore.

The 1987 Share crash scared off many NZ boomers from share investment, the finance companies debacle and other factors have all already conspired to make non-real estate investment a poor relation to real estate investment in NZ.

Perhaps we we will have to settle for NZ to be an under-capitalised low-productivity foreign-owned economy (to greater extent) with very expensive real estate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Xero is just one of a string of NZ companies ending up being foreign-owned or seeking better access to capital by moving off-shore.

The 1987 Share crash scared off many NZ boomers from share investment, the finance companies debacle and other factors have all already conspired to make non-real estate investment a poor relation to real estate investment in NZ.

Perhaps we we will have to settle for NZ to be an under-capitalised low-productivity foreign-owned economy (to greater extent) with very expensive real estate?
    big banks have stitched up kiwisaver and now funds are trying to stitch up share investing. all about fee gathering. if 41% of nzx volume is mom an pops thats a lot more fees for funds if they skew the tax and alot less tax for the govt funny enough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    big banks have stitched up kiwisaver and now funds are trying to stitch up share investing. all about fee gathering. if 41% of nzx volume is mom an pops thats a lot more fees for funds if they skew the tax and alot less tax for the govt funny enough.
    Yep more clipping of the tickets if Mom and Pop are channelled into investing through PIEs as opposed to investing directly in shares.

It would have been great if NZ instos/pension funds had been bigger with more liquidity on which NZ companies could have drawn as that may have meant fewer NZ companies locating overseas.

Following the momo

I have just been doing some back of the envelope workings trying to figure out the NZX50 constituents and any possible adjustments that could be announced next Friday.

This data is generally hard to find these days, and doing my own research (and back tracking the last 3 years of additions and removals) I think I've come up with a fairly accurate list.

Possible removals include the NZX itself, followed by IPL.

Possible additions could be OCA, VGL & HLG (as McQ's partial sell down would improve OCA free float and the other two have been trading at 5 year highs the last 6 months).

Now looking ahead to early next year with the TME and RBD takeovers underway, we could see all these 'possibles' enter the index.

Interested in others thoughts on the Index topic

nzx tried and failed again last 2 days to get back above the 50% retracement . bearish

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nzx tried and failed again last 2 days to get back above the 50% retracement . bearish
    You clearly seem to enjoy yourself. Are you sure you have the right name de plume - or is this the ultimate leg-puller?

Anyway - NZX50 still above the MA200 - but yes, it is straddling the line and might well dive below it if today is a real downer.

Yesterday would have been a good time to throw out any remaining high-beta shares and increase cash ... but than. today might be a better day than tomorrow for anybody who didn't do that yet.

So what are the good news?

I think investors with solid high yield shares and bonds can still look forward to the season, no matter what the market jitters do. It does not really feel like the big one yet, but I am sure we can talk each other into it if we try really hard.

Ah yes - and the other good news is that the crook in chief wants to be re-elected in less than 2 years. Hardly a good time for him to push the markets into a prolonged bear. Just watch markets going up again as soon as his organisation bought enough distressed shares in the current volatility and he settles the tradewar with China on a more permanent basis. Trump the saviour?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You clearly seem to enjoy yourself. Are you sure you have the right name de plume - or is this the ultimate leg-puller?

Anyway - NZX50 still above the MA200 - but yes, it is straddling the line and might well dive below it if today is a real downer.

Yesterday would have been a good time to throw out any remaining high-beta shares and increase cash ... but than. today might be a better day than tomorrow for anybody who didn't do that yet.

So what are the good news?

I think investors with solid high yield shares and bonds can still look forward to the season, no matter what the market jitters do. It does not really feel like the big one yet, but I am sure we can talk each other into it if we try really hard.

Ah yes - and the other good news is that the crook in chief wants to be re-elected in less than 2 years. Hardly a good time for him to push the markets into a prolonged bear. Just watch markets going up again as soon as his organisation bought enough distressed shares in the current volatility and he settles the tradewar with China on a more permanent basis. Trump the saviour?
    it would be silly of me to only be a bull , guess my name should have been bull bear cash

Australia Growth to Be Hit by Housing ‘Perfect Storm,’ AMP Says

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

another 10% fall next yr they saying. of relevance to nz as some companies have business in australia so will impact there earnings. think i read somewhere as well about a correlation between aus and nz property? if exists auckland property might decline slightly?