sharetrader
Page 200 of 231 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2310
    Banned

NZX50 Capital index (not gross with dividends reinvested) is the index to compare against other markets, is up around 45% since the peak in 2007. Anyone have information on earnings then or even P/E. Wondering if the 45% rise is mainly just due to elevated P/E?

So she should because we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    .... that she gets back on her hobby horse of motorists are being "fleeced" again.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    So she should because we are.
    I agree 100% we are being fleeced. Do you think its the fuel companies (the only one we have complete data on is ZEL who after all costs net's 3-4 cents per liter)...or could it be the Govt who tax us about $1 per liter all up including GST. Which do you think is the more plausible possibility based on those numbers...
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-12-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Jacinda Ardern started her election campaign yesterday with the $400m bribe for schools. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...ely-bribe.html and as you can see I'm not the only one thinking that's the start of the lolly scramble and bribery
    We'll see. I'll bet you a cider next time we catch up that she gets back on her hobby horse of motorists are being "fleeced" again.
    So everyone says that the Govt should spend some money on infrastructure to seed the economy while money is cheap and when they do that it is labelled.
    Some people are hard to please.

It is both. Govt tax is too high in my opinion, but having said that, both Labour and National have been guilty of this.

What bugs the hell out of me is the variation in fuel prices from location to location. Why should I pay 20c/litre more in Timaru, than someone in Christchurch? it’s bull**** and it’s the fuel companies controlling that.

I agree 100% we are being fleeced. Do you think its the fuel companies (the only one we have complete data on is ZEL who after all costs net's 3-4 cents per liter)...or could it be the Govt who tax us about $1 per liter all up including GST. Which do you think is the more plausible possibility based on those numbers...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So everyone says that the Govt should spend some money on infrastructure to seed the economy while money is cheap and when they do that it is labelled.
    Some people are hard to please.
    Correct Dobby...she just couldn't win on this one. No spending on infrastructure and people from Reserve Bank down get stuck into them. And if she spends she faces the wrath of the Beagle's.
    Between a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Correct Dobby...she just couldn't win on this one. No spending on infrastructure and people from Reserve Bank down get stuck into them. And if she spends she faces the wrath of the Beagle's.
    Between a rock and a hard place.
    LOL..slow day on the market eh, doubt she can hear the barking. Good on her with some spending on infrastructure even if the timing is quite a "coincidence". I think its clear to all intelligent people who's really "fleecing" us on fuel costs.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    important events in december for NZ

1.Government promises boost to economy and job creation for youth with infrastructure cash injection

The full size of the package and projects involved would be revealed on December 11 at the half yearly economic and fiscal update (HYEFU).

lets hope its really is transformational to take advantage of low interest rates.

heres a good story piece on what politicians normally do

Asia's long-term planning is paying off; New Zealand must learn from it

OPINION: As much as I love New Zealand, I have often felt exasperated that it is the most short-term country I have lived in, and I have lived in a few

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...-learn-from-it

2. Final auckland port review is considered by cabinet in december

3.The Reserve Bank will release the final decisions in its biggest ever review of banks' regulatory capital requirements on Thursday, December 5

https://www.interest.co.nz/banking/1...nks-regulatory

review of key announcements

govt announced 12billion infrastructure spend , but gave no idea on what or when lol so will have no impact at all on economy next year. might in the future if any of it actually gets done.
    RBNZ capital released and increased limits on banks. so will add marginally to growth slowdown in future not next year i reckon.
    Port review announced and other than words nothing really announced except more reviews

So of all the big announcements in december the only one that achieved an outcome was the RBNZ the govt involved ones seem to follow the trend of words but nothing more.
    one step ahead of the herd

Australia Cuts Forecasts for Wage Increases, Economic Growth and Budget Surplus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

market hitting new all time highs now after consolidating for last 2 mths . breaking out of small range implying a 400 pt move from the breakout