sharetrader
Page 184 of 231 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2310

Ammunition is a good place to start if the financial collapse is coming. Otherwise the zombies will take what the prudent people have stashed away, and if you pick the wrong option you will be needing to negotiate with those that picked the right option.
    Can’t eat gold bullion or bundles of printed paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Ammunition is a good place to start if the financial collapse is coming. Otherwise the zombies will take what the prudent people have stashed away, and if you pick the wrong option you will be needing to negotiate with those that picked the right option.
    I dare to disagree, unless you are a trained soldier and have enough resources to man a 24/7 guard for your "fort". Armed people are considered combattants and much more likely to die in any conflict than unarmed people ... just read the history of the Wild West.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

i thought this was the Good News thread!!

Lots of cash and cash equivs , some good quality shares, a few bonds but not too many(corporate or government depending on how gloomy you are) some units of gold of silver that are small enough to be useful for barter.
    Thats how I see safety. Once it gets to guns and ammo its all over
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Tobacco and lots of it. Lightweight, easy to carry. Expensive. Huge demand when everyone's stressed out. And best of all. Easy to grow.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I agree better to go out in a blaze of glory imo.

Haha, thanks peat. While I did appreciate the banter it was good to get a semi serious response. While I have some basic skills in evaluating good companies from bad I don’t have enough life history to guide how to manage what people are predicting to be a messy correction resulting form the massive debt loadings out there. I’m heading for utilities, some retirement sector. 30% cash. Some dabbles in A2 while managing its mood swings. 30 yrs old so happy to be on the more risky side of the ledger and might try a small hunk of gold for good measure.

Goldmines can do better than gold which moves relatively slowly.
    The jury is still out on NTL though so dyor on that one (I do have a handful just in case myself).

4-German 10-yr yield slumps to -0.30% on Draghi's stimulus klaxon

https://www.reuters.com/article/euro...-idUSL8N23P1YB

You have to pay .3% to the banks to hold your deposits , no wonder overseas people want to invest in NZ
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    4-German 10-yr yield slumps to -0.30% on Draghi's stimulus klaxon

https://www.reuters.com/article/euro...-idUSL8N23P1YB

You have to pay .3% to the banks to hold your deposits , no wonder overseas people want to invest in NZ
    Yeah its an interesting phenomena. I have to pay my dutch broker to keep my Euro's in their equivalent of cash management account. (its not much and the amount I have there is not much but boy does it play tricks with the mind when you see your statement with - interest, when you have a + account balance)

Guru

Time to invest in a mattress manufacturer.