sharetrader
Page 100 of 231 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2310
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Anybody know the weighting XRO has in nzx50?
    I did an internet search on weighting XRO nzx50 and found a Brian Gaynor item from Nov 2013 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11157995. In it he said that in the previous 12 months XRO's index weighting had gone from 1.3 per cent to 6.3. Since mid-November XRO sp has gone from $36.00 to $44.50 (about +24%) whereas the nz50 has gone from about 4914 to 5106 (about +4%). Using non-accurate quick mental calculation perhaps the NZ50 is 6% higher than it would have been without XRO.
    Disc. Don't rely on figures in this post they may be total piffle!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SimonHouse View Post
    That Lister looks VERY young. Do Craigs have an army of highly gifted toddlers running their business?

I jest of course. He is probably a very good manager of money.
    I went to a Craig's presentation evening some time ago where Mark Lister spoke.
    I learnt a lot.Thought he had an excellent understanding of the markets,and companies.
    Should Craig's bring him down to ChCh again I would be keen to hear more from him.

Guru

Looks like Crimea won't settle down...The Crimean Parliament now wanting a referendum to support its desire to join Russia. They have a good chance of winning the referendum as a majority in Crimea are Russian, returned Tatars and Ukarainians being minorities (Crimea only became part of Ukraine in the 1950's as a gift from Kruschev). The democratic West are saying that a referendum would violate international law! The irony! Will the widening US-Russia split dampen the XRO effect on the NZ50 next week?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 08-03-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Will the widening US-Russia split dampen the XRO effect on the NZ50 next week?
    Only if they start firing missiles at each other, which has to be reasonably unlikely at this stage.

Guru

The Crimea Parliament supports the referendum. I wonder how fair the election for the autonomous region's parliament was? I would be impressed if the EU and the UN would counter with a plan for a considered monitored referendum or does Crimea have to remain within the Ukraine as the Ukraine's pre-existing boundaries were guaranteed by foreign countries, without regard for the wishes of the Crimean autonomous republic's populace. Is the whole situation at risk of going down a Kosovo/Serbia route?

Guru

I am not in a position to comment on the relativity of civilisations, but let's hope the balkan situation does not arise. Hopefully it would be more contained anyway. A lot of the Balkan tension remained latent in the Communist era. The Stalinist era eviction of the Tatars underlines a fair bit of tension and possibly the mix of Ukrainian, Catholic/ Russian, Orthodox / Tatar, Islam cultures. However I think the markets will take your view on the situation at the moment.

Nice of the EU to give/lend Ukraine 15 billion

Probably just part of the big plan to ensure the western bankers who lent to Ukraine get their money back, at the expense of the populace who no doubt will be screwed with 'austerity' measures.

Guru

Nice of the EU to give/lend Ukraine 15 billion

Probably just part of the big plan to ensure the western bankers who lent to Ukraine get their money back, at the expense of the populace who no doubt will be screwed with 'austerity' measures.
    True. European bankers who already look like Sinead O'Connor and Yul Brunner don't need another haircut at the moment! The EU peeps themselves have come to realise there is no free lunch in the world of Euro finance so Ukrainian EU supporters need to sample a bit of the EU downside!

AWOL

That's right - he got deleted the same day as Sparky

Maybe they were the same person.
    Hmmmmm - Bright + Spark - that makes perfect sense, Winner.

With a bit of a prompt, - always felt from the posts that B&E was female,
    Husband and wife perhaps - Brother and Sister possibly.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 09-03-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Banned

Gaynor's got it about right, no really big surprises in his table.

Although I might have picked KMD as more of a cyclical outperformer than a growth stock, and without any apology whatsoever I just can't picture a big mature corp like Fonterra becoming a growth stock any time soon.

We should expect to see PEB enter the list of growth stocks when in joins the NZ50 next week too, watch for it on Wednesday.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11215946