sharetrader
Page 106 of 231 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2310
    Guru

Default Hoop is media bias...does it show??? :>))))

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Just remember Hoop, everyone starts out as a "wannabe" needing to learn as much as possible in as short a time as possible.

If you're updating your stalking excel spreadsheet, I'm turning 28 soon as well. I look forward to your gift in the mail with bated breath
    What do you want for your birthday? ...a girl moose?

Guru

Already got one thanks Hoop! I am notoriously hard to buy for, but maple syrup is a dead ringer every time

Just noticed Mr Colombo is in the same age range as me. I assume you were referring to him and not me in your OP???
    I was referring to Mr Colombo...but now you mentioned it....Nah.. just kidding .....

Back to topic...You noticed I added the Russell 2000 index...The media says it to be a leading indicator for the S&P500 ..Theory has it that when a cyclic reversal threat emerges investors fly away from smaller companies back to "safer" and large yielding stocks such as utilities .....I'm not convinced the Russell 2000 is a leader though...I will chart S&P 500 with the Russell 2000 comparison when I get time....

lets hope that the Nasdq and the Russell 2000 are just corrections,,,
    Last edited by Hoop; 22-04-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Indeed! Isn't the Wilshire 5,000 a more complete view of the market however? I noticed the DJI is a mere 200 points off its record. Strong US data this week could push it above this level...
    Looks like nzx50 bounced off the high today.

Macd, dmi, obv, rsi & stochastic seem to suggest its in a better position to BEAST MODE its way thru the high next week.

No double top here ladies.

For those who went into panic, or paroxyms of laughter after reading what Jesse Colombo had to say for himself, and if you hadn't already figured out what motivates his type, here it is, in black and white. Nice money if you can get it.... "Gloomy economic predictions can pay, literally. The intense interest in Forbes columnist Jesse Colombo's warning of a New Zealand economic bubble will fatten his wallet, as Forbes online contributors are paid for 'clicks' and paid extra for repeat visits".

From http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rsday-April-24

Banned

The Russians are on the march and US stocks down,NZX under pressure come monday

Nek minnit

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Russians are on the march and US stocks down,NZX under pressure come monday
    I'm pretty sure Russian investors are feeling the squeeze even more so: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ts-rating.html

Perhaps Moosie-the-Trader could short some Russian stocks...

tech stocks not the space to be utilities are, In NZ things like POWER COMPANIES, TEL, RBD, TWR will outperform me think reliable companies with good solid earnings and divs, just look at the dow utilities everything down and that index up on fri
    one step ahead of the herd

One would find relatively safety with cash positive stocks like DIL though. Having survived the last 2 weeks relatively well when compared to the other NZ tech stocks. PLUS FYR statements will be released next week! I predict Tuesday...

"Oh, the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be."

According to anz securities (ex DB) the index is at 5201 now.