sharetrader
Page 108 of 231 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2310
    percy

EBO. Majority of their earnings are in Australia.
    PAZ,[unlisted market] Most/all of their products are exported.

Dilettante

1c change in the NZD/USD exchange rate translates into approximately NZ$ 1M difference to the bottom line for Sanford !

Airworks is another to benefit
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    really pleased with the $ coming back....... another bad night for the dairy auctions last night has helped.
    Trend is down against the Aussie hopefully see 88 in a few weeks.
    Really like to see 82 US as well.
    No no snaps .....NZD can't go down (for purely selfish reasons)

And we should be proud of a high dollar anyway

Looks like the world is starting to unravel again

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    really pleased with the $ coming back....... another bad night for the dairy auctions last night has helped.
    Trend is down against the Aussie hopefully see 88 in a few weeks.
    Really like to see 82 US as well.
    Becareful what you wish for Snapiti...
    High currency most often signals good stable national economic health....
    I've got this feeling NZ is coming out of the other side of its economic sweet spot..all the ducks are slowly leaving that row....Hmmm maybe the time is near to start looking at Aussi (or further a field) again
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-06-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Becareful what you wish for Snapiti...
    High currency most often signals good stable national economic health....
    I've got this feeling NZ is coming out of the other side of its economic sweet spot..all the ducks are slowly leaving that row....Hmmm maybe the time is near to start looking at Aussi (or further a field) again
    Well if that's the case, that was the quickest economic boom I've ever seen. Premature ejaculation. I guess "rockstar" is correct, then. I'm not talking Stones. I'm talking one hit and then oblivion, drug addled middle age, and then an embarrassing ending doing voice overs for cartoon trains.

Hi Sharetraders,

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to ask this on a public forum, but I am a daily Sharetrader follower and respect the wisdom of many posters on here.

I'm hoping some of you may be able to offer some thoughts (not financial advice!).

I need to exit my portfolio for a house purchase over the next 8 weeks and would like to time my exit as strongly as possible to lock in maximum gains.

I currently hold:

IFT
    GPG
    SUM
    MRP
    SML
    THL
    MELCA
    HNZ

It really would be much appreciated if anyone could offer some insight as to an exit strategy, any FA / TA advice of which stocks to exit first or hold for another 6 weeks.

Kind regards and many thanks
    Shambles

Quote Originally Posted by shambles View Post
    Hi Sharetraders,

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to ask this on a public forum, but I am a daily Sharetrader follower and respect the wisdom of many posters on here.

I'm hoping some of you may be able to offer some thoughts (not financial advice!).

I need to exit my portfolio for a house purchase over the next 8 weeks and would like to time my exit as strongly as possible to lock in maximum gains.

I currently hold:

IFT
    GPG
    SUM
    MRP
    SML
    THL
    MELCA
    HNZ

It really would be much appreciated if anyone could offer some insight as to an exit strategy, any FA / TA advice of which stocks to exit first or hold for another 6 weeks.

Shambles
    Hmm - feels like being asked to predict whether we will have sunshine or rain on August 3rd, 2014 (i.e. the Sunday 8 weeks from now). Would you believe anybody who claims that they can predict today the weather on that date? Personally I wouldn't hold any funds which I need within weeks or months as shares.

Many of your shares are as well in the short term quite sensitive to what the public thinks the next government will look like. Shares like e.g. MELCA / MRP / IFT are likely to rise if the mood goes towards National and are likely to drop if the mood goes towards Labour/Green/Purple/Grey.

Long term I think that your portfolio looks quite healthy (actually, I hold most of these shares as well and don't intend to sell anytime soon), but I guess this doesn't help a lot with you current decision. Anyway - good luck for getting it right - and I hope that you have enough buffer that it won't hurt you too much, whatever the share price is doing!

Banned

Shambles Sum has Q2 sales figures due out by July 10th so should see a small spike in price maybe to $3.60 ? Something to consider anyway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shambles View Post
    Hi Sharetraders,

I currently hold:

IFT
    GPG
    SUM
    MRP
    SML
    THL
    MELCA
    HNZ

Shambles
    Swapping assets from one market to another..(both overvalued markets??)...Is the house to live in or to rent out?