sharetrader
Page 109 of 231 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2310

I concur with Black Peter and wouldn't be holding any funds which I need within weeks or months as shares.

The longer you leave the decision to sell, ie the shorter the time before you need the funds, the more risk you taking.

I'd be selling up soon and not taking any chances with being 'forced' to sell on a bad day or two.

But whatever you do make it your considered decision.

Yes, if you are unconditional on the property, Monday would be a good day to liquidate.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I appreciate all your comments.

Moosie, I haven't got my head around charting tbh, I really should spend some time educating myself how to understand more than general trend lines and basic fundamentals!

COUTA. Thanks for your thoughts re SUM. I may split my holding there, sell half this week then follow sentiment closely to offload the rest.

Hoop, the house is a rental to add to the portfolio, with a view to redevelop into high end townhouses over the next 2-3 years. It's a good site in a top suburb .. and a great price. Shame to have to largely exit my portfolio, but this deal is a no brainer.

Black Peter, Winner, Xerof and Snapiti. Duly noted, trying to squeeze the extra 2-3% top end when the alternative could quite easily be negative territory. Never a bad thing to leave some in it for the next guy..

Thank you Gentlemen, and once again, for the regular insightful evening readings.

[QUOTE=belgarion;485363]Hi Shambles,

My DIY advice would be:

Absolute Gold.

Thank you Belg

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Shambles, get on the Investopedia website and learn MACD, RSI and Stochastic with a few charts of say SUM and IFT to get the hang of it. Easy as and the best half an hour you will spend educating yourself!
    On it, thanks Moosie. Which (free?) charting platform would you recommend for tracking MACD etc?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    After reading the NZRB monetary statement I have this to say .... They have it wrong!

I.e. slamming the breaks on far, far, far too early!

I am not impressed.
    Maybe the Market is agreeing with you Belg...
    or
    Maybe just another healthy bull market correction for this geriatric bull.

this is a broken neckline from a very flat H&S pattern so chart pattern theory has it it will be another shallow correction..The lower and wider the pattern the less reliable it is (Bulkowski).... target price 4910 [5070-(5230-5070)] but there are 2 major supports around 4950 area so odds reaching 4910 is lower

Last edited by Hoop; 23-06-2014 at 11:05 PM.

NZX data feed about is good as half the stocks on it.

so the first fix didn't work .... suppose the next fix will

Just as well the rest of the world doesn't care about this little country

Headline: "NZX Crashes".

Gaynor not impressed. Hasn't been able to buy his 300000 ATM

"It's not that it happened, it is the regularity of it happening," Brian Gaynor, executive director of Milford Asset Management told BusinessDesk. "It happens around the world, you get these things, but it is happening too often with the NZX and I think it dents confidence in the way the organisation is run. It shouldn't have these kind of problems.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11283023