sharetrader
Page 111 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2310

isreal invasion starts, market tanks
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Gold gold gold and nothing but...
    Shhh...lets not let Skol know we are here

Just a reminder that the OCR is being reviewed this coming Thursday (24 July). The Moose Fund is betting Mr Wheeler doesn't have the cajones to increase it yet again (this time around at least...).
    does that imply you think he needs to / should do?

Guru

Default UPDATE of Chart posted 24th June 2014...Technicals are getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Maybe the Market is agreeing with you Belg...
    or
    Maybe just another healthy bull market correction for this geriatric bull.

this is a broken neckline from a very flat H&S pattern so chart pattern theory has it it will be another shallow correction..The lower and wider the pattern the less reliable it is (Bulkowski).... target price 4910 [5070-(5230-5070)] but there are 2 major supports around 4950 area so odds reaching 4910 is lower
    NZX50 broke it's Head and Shoulder pattern creating multi sell signals on the 20th June. In past history it is very common for a completely formed H&S pattern to pullback its losses to test its neckline area. In this case it did and in doing so created false buy signals (bull trap) to occur...As of now the NZX50 is still technically broken and is now entering a conjunction area (5100) involving its primary trend line..There is a serious situation developing, although it is not uncommon for a bull market cycle correction to break their primary up trend line, an investor has to start thinking of cyclic reversals as another possible option when the Bull becomes an elderly gent...
    Just how many more corrections before one is the reversal we don't know, but we have to remind ourselves each time there's a breakdown that this bull is 5.25 years old and has entered bonus time...

Last edited by Hoop; 20-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.

As long as us has a vision of hope to grow the economy then all is fine.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemc View Post
    As long as us has a vision of hope to grow the economy then all is fine.
    China and Australia...before US

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    A veritable sea of red thus far ... With PPL breaking the trend [sheesh]
    The decliners list makes for some pretty grim reading. I think it would have to be the worst opening since I starting to follow the markets. Gentracks fall is explained, but is there a particular reason as to the others?

The only logical reason I can see is the NZD falling against the USD and that international investors have been waiting for an opportunity to get out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Okebw View Post
    The decliners list makes for some pretty grim reading. I think it would have to be the worst opening since I starting to follow the markets. Gentracks fall is explained, but is there a particular reason as to the others?

The only logical reason I can see is the NZD falling against the USD and that international investors have been waiting for an opportunity to get out
    The world markets dropped overnight. We followed.

Guru

A good piece which sums up how I trade and can be stuck up on the wall next to your trading bot/computer/direct line to broker/crystal ball

http://spahiu.wordpress.com/2006/05/...not-so-simple/
    I read Spahiu's piece. So many of his rules would seem to lead to trader activity exacerbating and prolonging what he himself calls market irrationality. It is a shame that his blog did not go beyond 2006 as it would have been interesting to see how 2007-2009 treated him and affected his outlook and rules.

Disc: Long term investor

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Geez. They're a cheery bunch out there ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11306890

As cheery as Belgarion.
    Your cash plié looking good then belg

Buy heaps of good things sometime