sharetrader
Page 127 of 231 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2310

Quote Originally Posted by OldRider View Post
    Onion:

Will this give what you want? It does not have a date
    so may be no longer current. I haven't checked it
    https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=%5ENZ50
    Thanks OldRider.

That link certainly lists 50 stocks; probably the constituents of the NZX50. The thing is, what would you check it against? It seems you can't check it against anything that NZX or S&P provide!

I haven't found any equivalent list for the3 NZX20, NZX10, etc.

What you actually after onion?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspar View Post
    Yeah i noticed this a few weeks ago, irritating right?
    I am quite puzzled by it. I had thought that there would be an obvious, public, list; that periodically companies would move in and out of the top 50 (10, 20, etc.); and that I would be able to see the constituents -- i.e. like I use to be able to do on the NZX site.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What you actually after onion?
    I have is a spreadsheet of all the NZX companies. It contains columns to mark a company as a participant in the NZX50 index, the NZX20 index, the NZX10, NZX SmallCap and NZX MidCap indexes.

Of much use? I don't really know; but that is what I have.

I refreshed my spreadsheet and thought I ought to refresh my "index" columns (I like things to be tidy!). Not so simple because there seems to be nowhere that lists the index participants.

My empty columns are glaring at me!

I was looking for similar information yesterday and found it very frustrating. I was trying to find which companies were on the verge of entering the NZX 50. Had a particular interest in SCL and THL and what their chances of entering were.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    I was trying to find which companies were on the verge of entering the NZX 50.
    That is what I might use my spreadsheet columns for! I knew there would be a purpose.

I have my NZX50 column filled now thanks to the link that OldRider found.

Guru

Just check up what constitutes FNZ (top 50 index fund run by NZX ironically) and that will tell you who is in and out. They have to publish in prospectus the full list so if the NZX wants to keep it a secret (which they do) then they have shot themselves in the foot inadvertently.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Just check up what constitutes FNZ (top 50 index fund run by NZX ironically) and that will tell you who is in and out. They have to publish in prospectus the full list so if the NZX wants to keep it a secret (which they do) then they have shot themselves in the foot inadvertently.
    ANZ Securities show a list of companies called the NZX 50 Index under the NZ/AU Markets menu. I would assume ABB Securities also do the same. I assume that list is current. If you don't use an online broker I'm expect your broker could provide the list.

Funny I had the same thing introducing my son to the sharemarket today and looked a real dork when I couldn't even find a list of the top 50 on NZX.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    ANZ Securities show a list of companies called the NZX 50 Index under the NZ/AU Markets menu. I would assume ABB Securities also do the same. I assume that list is current. If you don't use an online broker I'm expect your broker could provide the list.
    Cheers Bilbo, that is correct. Interesting though, as I called the NZX not too long ago and I asked them the 2 companies at 49 and 50 and they said I would have to pay for the information. They do not like releasing their constituent companies and do try and get subscribers to pay for the privilege. Thanks to ANZ, ASB, FNZ et al if we have some nous we can work it out for ourselves.