sharetrader
Page 131 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2310

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Index rebalancing by the big boys apparently.
    Not much of a rebalance if all they were doing was selling. Lets see if the trend is reversed on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by denis View Post
    Not much of a rebalance if all they were doing was selling. Lets see if the trend is reversed on Monday.
    Had to do with all the extra Contact shares out there - funds rebalancing portfolios by selling others to keep the weightings in order
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Had to do with all the extra Contact shares out there - funds rebalancing portfolios by selling others to keep the weightings in order
    Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    yeah, thats the correct answer Winner. Unfortunately, our financial press reporters won't write it up as such. But at least some of the ill-informed comments on the various trolled threads can be seen for what they are eh?

Guru

Default Storm clouds everywhere

We are being bombarded by many on ST that some of us are unnecessarily negative as we are being told that our economy is still good and the future looks bright....
    Think rockstar..spread the good word and bugger the world..

OK.. the good word is this NZX50 chart is one of the better index charts in the world at the moment.....is spreading this good word working...warm fuzzies from everyone...eh?
    Same goes for the Nikkei and Sensex...The logic must be they're spreading the good word too...Hallelujah

The Aussis the Americans the British the Europeans the Singaporeans the Chinese don't know how so they maybe started that travel to hell in a handcart..
    ....and tonight in Europe that trip to hell is continuing to look likely..

The NZX50 chart below is simple, although we just had a record high if the NZX50 index breaks that 5695 bull/bear support we could be going to hell with them

Investor

I think solid reporting season keeping the NZX afloat at the moment or else could've been watershed...look at other markets, bit scary really.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I think solid reporting season keeping the NZX afloat at the moment or else could've been watershed...look at other markets, bit scary really.
    Yeah..could be sb9 . I hope so.......

The NZX50 been rather insular ......I must admit that type of behaviour gives me the willies
    Last edited by Hoop; 20-08-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Default Lock and load...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yeah..could be sb9 . I hope so.......

The NZX50 been rather insular ......I must admit that type of behaviour gives me the willies
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-stocks-lowe...155312751.html

Could be one of 'those' Fridays - looks like at least 1+ % dip is likely today.

I think what is happening in overseas markets has more to do with falling oil and commodities causing people to sell those sectors and a bit of fear in regards to china - in nz we don't have any representation of those commodity sectors.

In fact in the us the utilities and treasuries have performed really well so saying the markets as a whole are crashing is really not correct. in nz we have good representation in those sectors

so explains why nz is holding up. doesn't mean some people wont naturally panic lol
    one step ahead of the herd

I would love a nice big stock market crash (as long as I keep my job). Who doesn't like buying things when they are cheap?