sharetrader
Page 153 of 231 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2310

think i mentioned on the black monday thread we would test the flash lows again, anyway technically looks very weak at the moment having broken down from a technical pattern. my target if it works out ( being the the big if ) is still about 2000 pts lower matchs up with a fib 50% retracement as well ... see what happens.

guess the nzx probably hit new highs soon lol atm the sole determinant at the moment of the nzx fortunes bound to go to $20 lol or will the trade war disrupt a2 fortunes or improve them ?
    one step ahead of the herd

I see the so called trade war as something mainly U.S. and China centric.
    I see very little impact on ATM's, SML sales or margins, no impact on needs based companies like SUM, OCA and very little impact on good retailers like HLG and obviously no impact on gentailiers like GNE and little impact on REIT's like ARG. Disc: Own a stake in all those companies.
    Good companies on the NZX are at least as good a place to hide as anywhere else in the world in my opinion.
    There could be some impact on companies like Colonial Motors and Turners if business pessimism sinks to even lower level's and I note that the U.S. vehicle manufacturers as a group are down 16% year to date. (I don't own either of these two companies)
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-03-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sell-off, short term spikes and volatility could become new normal as there are short terms speculative positions in global stock, commodity and bit coin markets. Bull markets should follow bear markets. As I expected overvalued markets are having much needed correction these days. In situation like this we could see new winners in global markets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    wall st hammered last 2 hrs , how long can nz buck the trend ?
    Geron Corp up another 7% today repeating yesterday, Trump having no effect on the stock, thought you might have bought some bull? NZX will probably go down another 1% or less on Monday I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Geron Corp up another 7% today repeating yesterday, Trump having no effect on the stock, thought you might have bought some bull? NZX will probably go down another 1% or less on Monday I reckon.
    end of jan was the amber light for me so i dont own any us stocks at the moment , only 1 aussie stock and 4 nz stocks been sitting on piles of cash waiting for the bargains to come and everything seems to playing out accordingly.

Banned

Well, I called the drop today right at 1% down for the NZX, US futures in the green so expecting a bounce overnight, let's see.
    Last edited by couta1; 26-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.

nice bounce of the 200d on wall st , see what happens on nzx today

Well, shares have been yesterday on special . Suppose the sale is over.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, shares have been yesterday on special . Suppose the sale is over.
    Good fun.
    Yesterday I was thinking of cancelling a buy order,that had not been filled for sometime.
    Just as well I didn't, as I had it filled yesterday...lol.

According to one or two experts on CNBC this morning with the recent market selloff and with strong earnings growth expected this year off the back of the big corporate tax cut the S&P 500 is now trading at just 17 times forward earnings.

If China and America can sort out their trade differences and barring any major other exogenous shock, (although I still expect vastly higher volatility than last year), I am wondering if there isn't slightly better and smoother market conditions ahead.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine