sharetrader
Page 161 of 231 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2310

Day after day I'm just a fist full of red down arrows. Starting to get a bit cranky now!

There are a handful of really ugly companies in the NZX50, that is really holding me back from topping up more on the ETF. Infact, I haven't topped up since 2016. The bigger issue for me is if companies drop out, we don't really have much up and comers in terms of IPO's that can take their place.

OCA is probably the last relatively large profile listing and we've had nothing yet. Always hearing news about potential listings such as My Food Bag etc but nothing of substance has come out yet.

RBNZ has put a rocket under the nzx today saying rates will be on hold for years to come , those div shares look even more attractive today to investors. also kiwi is falling big time good for exporters.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...efore-2020.htm
    Last edited by bull....; 09-08-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    RBNZ has put a rocket under the nzx today saying rates will be on hold for years to come , those div shares look even more attractive today to investors. also kiwi is falling big time good for exporters.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...efore-2020.htm
    Yes indeed, its been a fun day so far and has cheered me up. August has been pretty dismal overall for me.

I have a friend who has been in cash for a decade now. I'm not joking (maybe he has 10 to 20 per cent exposure to shares through managed funds, if that). Obviously we don't discuss the share market any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes indeed, its been a fun day so far and has cheered me up. August has been pretty dismal overall for me.

I have a friend who has been in cash for a decade now. I'm not joking (maybe he has 10 to 20 per cent exposure to shares through managed funds, if that). Obviously we don't discuss the share market any more.
    even the best investors have dismal months

I have a friend who has had ALL his retirement savings (as in everything) in Bonus Bonds for the last 10 years (won virtually nothing) and we don't discuss the share market anymore for the same obvious reasons.

Oh and btw the reason he won't buy any shares is that he is scared of losing money, yet he can't comprehend how much he's lost in Bonus Bonds with virtually no income return, no capital appreciation, and inflation has eroded his buying power tremendously too.

It's quite sad how financially illiterate some people are 😣😣😣😣

Yes, quite right. I think quite a few people didn't get back on the horse after 1987.

Guru

Yes, quite right. I think quite a few people didn't get back on the horse after 1987.
    And that's a couple of generations ago!
    I lost relatively a lot is '87.
    Didn't put me off but instead taught me a lot.

New Zealand Passes Law to Crack Down on Foreign Home Buyers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gn-home-buyers

be interesting what happens now with the property market, if it tanks guess the overseas people did make a difference , wont be good for labour though as it probably feed thru to other parts of the economy like retail spending. if it stays the same guess overseas people made bugger all difference and nothing much changes overall. we will know in hindsight

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    New Zealand Passes Law to Crack Down on Foreign Home Buyers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gn-home-buyers

be interesting what happens now with the property market, if it tanks guess the overseas people did make a difference , wont be good for labour though as it probably feed thru to other parts of the economy like retail spending. if it stays the same guess overseas people made bugger all difference and nothing much changes overall. we will know in hindsight
    Interesting isn't it.
    Property is too expensive but if it drops those that already have feel hard done by even if others can now afford to live in their own home.
    A conundrum indeed.