sharetrader
Page 167 of 231 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2310

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    plus improve the user interface as well - rather than the clunky old websites we get given....
    Not just user interface, but we have to put up with ridiculously basic functionality... I use ASB Securities and they don't have stop loss, target buy, trailing stop loss, at open, at close or any conditional orders or anything other than just pure vanilla. All of the above was available on my etrade account about a decade ago..

It really is appalling functionality... Don't think any of the other providers are any better...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Not just user interface, but we have to put up with ridiculously basic functionality... I use ASB Securities and they don't have stop loss, target buy, trailing stop loss, at open, at close or any conditional orders or anything other than just pure vanilla. All of the above was available on my etrade account about a decade ago..

It really is appalling functionality... Don't think any of the other providers are any better...
    totally agree the trading platforms in nz at all brokers i know of are crap and you have the pleasure of paying high prices to use them lol i can only presume it is because most people in nz are investors not traders therefore dont need anything special?
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

For sure it's functionally constrained, bit of a joke compared to sophisticated on-market systems. But it does have a couple of things you're saying it doesn't have.
    Attachment 10001

ASB do have stoploss and target buy. Took me like 6 months to realise they were there - you have to go through "place an order" rather than just clicking "buy" or "sell" when looking at a security.

Thanks guys - I have used ASB for donkeys years, but never noticed...

I normally do click through buy or sell...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    What an amazing last day of the month. Just when I thought the market couldn't get any dumber...it totally redeems itself! Yay for GNE, SPK, CNU, ANZ, AIR and SUM. My cheat day isn't until Sunday but I feel a rule change coming on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TfFz6J5t0
    Yeah, cheat day went well, everyone. Nothing like a few drinks by oneself and some fish and chips to celebrate another quarter in the black, right? *high five*

One would have to think that something has to give some time

Chart showsforward PE of the NZX50 over time

Comment from AMP report says that global passive and quant inflows are swamping the small NZ market. During August, the top 10 stocks in New Zealand rose by 6.8%, but the S&P/NZX50 Gross Index excluding these stocks advanced by a far lesser 1.2%. This performance by the largest stocks has driven a clear valuation divergence between them and everything else, with FNZC data showing a staggering 9 PE point difference between the average market PE forecast for June 2019 (25.1x) and the median PE (16.0x).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Comment from AMP report says that global passive and quant inflows are swamping the small NZ market. During August, the top 10 stocks in New Zealand rose by 6.8%, but the S&P/NZX50 Gross Index excluding these stocks advanced by a far lesser 1.2%. This performance by the largest stocks has driven a clear valuation divergence between them and everything else, with FNZC data showing a staggering 9 PE point difference between the average market PE forecast for June 2019 (25.1x) and the median PE (16.0x).
    Thanks for posting Winner....... looking a bit 'toppy' to me.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One would have to think that something has to give some time

Chart showsforward PE of the NZX50 over time

nice chart winner , looks like a bull market to me still hasnt crossed the 200d to the downside so looking good for more upside a
    one step ahead of the herd

The market giveth and the market taketh away....

October: When I looked at teletex on 20 October 1987, I thought it was on the fritz because the numbers were so off.

It will be great to finally get a bear market underway, waiting for a collapse becomes so tiring.