sharetrader
Page 19 of 231 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Yes, there is a big difference. It is largely explained by the fact that March is one of our very best months and to be out of the market at such boom times incurs a heavy penalty.

The figures in the above chart are derived from trading Long only, so they are not directly comparable with those of post #182 which plotted the combined profits of Long and Short trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    DON'T DO IT, WB!

Such a proposed timing system has, historically, been disastrous, making only about HALF as much as simply "Buying and Holding". (Not that that is recommended, of course!)

I just pray that I have caught you in time, before you cashed up as some others have already done.

Not sure if you saw my earlier tongue in cheek post about the end of the world P, I was only joking. I would never do anything so foolish, you've taught me better than that!

Of course if the world does end in March, this is all irrelevant anyway.
    Last edited by wbosher; 15-01-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    Not sure if you saw my earlier tongue in cheek post about the end of the world P, I was only joking. I would never do anything so foolish, you've taught me better than that!

Of course if the world does end in March, this is all irrelevant anyway.
    But you can go into the hereafter knowingthat your last act was not a foolish investment decision :P

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    50% Fib is 3377 ...... hey we are half way back to high of a few years ago

Will Natures forces relent and get us through this barrier ... all good news if it does .... but Nature seems to be pretty angry at the moment so we might have to wait a while
    Looks like we need to have to wait a few more weeks before she lets the NZX get over 3377 .... obviously we need to behave a bit better

I reckon 3377 is the 50% Fib level - the level where the market is exactly half way back to its highs of a few years ago

Yippee ... we have finally made it ..... and it's Super Bowl time so might need to find a pub with some Steelers fans in it to chair the boys home

The TA question ... is 3377 resistance and there will be another day to celebrate or is 3377 the new support as we start the spurt back to where the NZX once was

Bugger .... below that 3377 (if I was a real guru would have to say that 'critical' 3377 mark) and in need a few decent days to go up to 3400 where one would feel a bit safer eh

Just need another good day from FBU (like the other day that shot the NZX50 way above 3377) or maybe TEL might have another recovery

No need to worry ... currently just in the range of the margin of error .... the market will continue to rise and wont be less than waht is today (as 3377 become support) for a year or say

Just liek the Aussie are getting excited with the All Ords going above 5000 .... might create a bit of momentum seeing the likes of Oliver are all spruiking 5500 now

Advanced Member

Default Still within its prescribed parameters (Just!)

A big, early Christmas spend-up eh!

On Stocks or Stockings?
    Investments or Indulgences?
    Portfolios or Presents?
    Shares or Shopping?
    Gold or Gifts?
    Commodities or Confectionery?
    Trading or Tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    A big, early Christmas spend-up eh!

On Stocks or Stockings?
    Investments or Indulgences?
    Portfolios or Presents?
    Shares or Shopping?
    Gold or Gifts?
    Commodities or Confectionery?
    Trading or Tradition?

How come you have a range of +17% and -7%?
    You make your own luck.

Advanced Member

These figures (and the 20% pa) are simply copied across from the last Bull market, as per the chart.

The target date is when the NZSX50 "ought" to regain its 2007 peaks.

Would some kind person know or direct me to where I may find what companies that are the next ten after the NZSX50