sharetrader
Page 3 of 231 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Guru

wbosher Hmmm, might have trouble explaining the "we're homeless, honey" part to the wife.

no trouble!! ...after uttering those 3 words there's a great chance she won't be your wife anymore.

Life is all to do with mathematical probabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    no trouble!! ...after uttering those 3 words there's a great chance she won't be your wife anymore.

Life is all to do with mathematical probabilities
    I think I should probably go with my original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    wbosher Hmmm, might have trouble explaining the "we're homeless, honey" part to the wife.

If only life was so simple, a few of us here may even think about the possibilities.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

I just had a really frightening thought... what if Phaedrus turns out to be right!!
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    I just had a really frightening thought... what if Phaedrus turns out to be right!!

All the TA doubters will have to bow at his knees. He can give up trading and make a living as a fortune teller.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Dumbass - can you explain how you come up with your prediction of 'Turd Thursday'?

here goes in a brief summary

Since the March low the market has rallied for three months and has gained 43% during this period. I also noted that there would be claims of a new bull market, bullish sentiment would reach bull market levels, and the Nasdaq (+47%) would likely lead. The market is now approaching those targets as the SP 500 hit 958 on friday. With most of the gains already in the books it's time to start looking for signs of an end to this uptrend. When Primary wave B does conclude, a declining Primary wave C will take the market back to the March lows, or even lower. This bear market is not over yet.
    Long term pivots have halted every uptrend of this entire bear market. Should this market get significantly above 961, the next long term pivot is not until SPX 1041. Another characteristic of this bear market is that every uptrend but one ended on a negative RSI divergence on the weekly charts. We now have a negative RSI divergence in place. In fact, there are also negative RSI divergences on every time frame.

Below friday's close at SP500 940, there are two levels of importance: SP 912 and SP 876. A decline below SP 912 would likely indicate that the uptrend has ended. A decline below SPX 876 would nearly assure it.

my feeling is we could have a blow off top around 1014- 1040 if this 5th wave extends but certainly top could be very close.
    Last edited by dumbass; 07-06-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Advanced Member

Default MORE Good News!!!!!!!

Today the NZSX50 formed a "Golden Cross". This is a Bullish event, formed when a 50 day moving average crosses above a 200 day moving average. Statistically, these are typically followed by a 19.2% pa rise as plotted below. This puts us right on target for our 19/12/2011 date to regain the highs of 2007.
    Nice confirmation eh?

Advanced Member

Default MORE Good News!

It is, of course, a little bit of a "stitch-up" Belg, in that the average post-"Golden Cross" rise of 19.2% pa is derived from S&P500 statistics. I don't have data on any NZ indices that go back that far, but the figure here should be roughly comparable.

Veteran novice

Let's hope that the usual 30 June window dressing isn't giving us a "false " reading here.

OMG. I am REALLY watching this one.

My image of Phaedrus is changing. I have a vision of him as a gap-toothed hag in a darkened tent, black cat at her feet, wearing a bandanna and cloak and poring over her tarot cards and crystal ball, cackling softly...
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence