sharetrader
Page 55 of 231 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Japanese down 5% for the day, another turbulence coming

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    NZX has been sitting smack on it's trend line for three trading days in a row now, tomorrow could be an interesting watch heading into the weekend.
    Yes very interesting next few days...The pacific area is looking rather grim....NZX50 as you say Mac....The All Ords retesting it 4900 major double top trough support its technicals are breaking down the MA50 is a goneburger...The Nikkei 225 closed today on its conjunture point.....

A can't understand the European market at opening, its totally ignored the worlds 4th biggest economy share market melt down today. The down under share markets didn't reflect much either, the NZX50 down 0.4% Aords down 0.8%...
    Hmmmm...Its all too much for me ...so I've used the wimp strategy..and cashed out

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes very interesting next few days...The pacific area is looking rather grim....NZX50 as you say Mac....The All Ords retesting it 4900 major double top trough support its technicals are breaking down the MA50 is a goneburger...The Nikkei 225 closed today on its conjunture point.....

A can't understand the European market at opening, its totally ignored the worlds 4th biggest economy share market melt down today. The down under share markets didn't reflect much either, the NZX50 down 0.4% Aords down 0.8%...
    Hmmmm...Its all too much for me ...so I've used the wimp strategy..and cashed out

The graph lets me back to 2007 in Chinese market. The index dropped from 6000 to 2000.

Could you pls draw a Hong Kong one for me?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    This really puts the "Japanese bubble" into perspective.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...perspecti.aspx

As you were people, doomsday is not this week!

Conjuncture point has broken since my chart was post..this is a major break and could become a potential problem....Small bounce up to form the right shoulder then maybe a further Manhattan type fall..eh?

By the way Moosie ..nice 30 year chart.... lower highs and lower lows......try drawing a primary down trend line starting from the 1991 right shoulder.....could be a secular sucker rally ..eh....or maybe ( you'll need hope here) its due for a primary break back to a long range bull market cycle...eh.
    Last edited by Hoop; 05-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.

u still in? Another problem raised from south east Asian area. Phillipine (inflation 5%) , Thai, indonesia (5.47%), Singapore, index crashed the same trend with Japan. Foreign investments all outflow back to Japan and US.

Phillipine and Indoesia would be the first to lift up interest rate.

Ready to short some tech stocks in NZX once DJI break through MA60

Guru

Always more money to be made Sparky. Don't you know us young folk never sleep and don't know about this weird game you older generation like to call "Whack! F***!"?
    Moosie ...think Japanese

Disc: sold all NZX shares end of May...cash 85%
    Last edited by Hoop; 06-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Amen barcode

Losers outpacing gainers at a factor of 7 to 1. Anyone having a horrible day out there??? I think we're officially near to correction territory as well!
    Maybe it's just beginning........... Japanese President Abe's politician career could be end up for this. They changed president almost every year in the pass ten years.

Guru

Today's Chart ... 11.15am

from my post #856 27th May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The NZX50 has been breaking down since last Wednesday..it was Friday when it became noticeable and today it was expected and Mr Market did exactly as predicted ..closed at 4478 down 48 (-1.1%).

Since there has been only minor negative movements the target price for a bottoming is 4400 (70% chance) and would last a month or so, making this another very shallow correction....... However I sold down a major part of my portfolio at opening today as I think the previous rise was too steep....It is well above the primary trend and primary S&R line...25% above its primaries is too far up I think (in other words its risen too high too quickly).....Most of the time a 20% decline triggers a bear market which lasts about 18 months...In NZX50's scenario a 25% decline would still be just in Bull territory... it would be an very rare event if that happened.

The NZX50 bull is over 4 years old...I have seen bulls around 7 years old but on average the expected lifespan is just under 4 years old. This NZX50 bull has had a new lease of life and is extremely healthy atm... sudden cyclic deaths are rare and it would take a black swan event to cause it......normally deaths occur slowly and quietly over a period of months with most investors with positive outlooks oblivious to the cyclic reversal assuming it is another but more potent bull market correction and are buying in early to get these "cheap" shares ..this buying "cheap shares" behaviour causes a bearish double or triple top type patterns to form..........we have yet to see this pattern EDIT: The AORDS is showing one now

So what will happen?
    We can't predict the future so we take one day at a time and one step at a time.......First step is watch the MA50 and the 4400 area and see where that leads us to...
    .......First step is watch the MA50 and the 4400 area and see where that leads us to...

MA50 broken ...NZX50 has entered into the 4400 area

Last edited by Hoop; 06-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.

I think the butterfly flapped it's wings in Japan first......

Banned

Looks like an up day for the market NZ50 4455. Back above 4400 Hoop ?