sharetrader
Page 61 of 231 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thankyou Hoop, very very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Using TA discipline cycles don't matter you sell on the sell signals ..like now
    Thank you, Hoop.

Banned

Hoop, given the charts are where they are, do you feel we are statistically likely to see a final push higher this year, a double top for instance, or do you feel is it all down hill from here ?

Hi Merc, would you mind sharing the name of the companies you recently bought into? Regards, Shambles

Remembering that I'm still in major learning curve mode and dipping a toe in rather than mortgaging the farm to the hilt (i.e. I could be wildly out) - PEB and CNU

Thank you Sparky. If wrong - we blame The Clown
    Although, to be fair, both of these were on my, rather short, "Interest List" BEFORE coming to this forum

Snakk also appeared as a possible anomaly in the statistics. But although there is a highly entertaining thread, as I detest mobile phones (had one for years), suffer from "ad blindness" and take marketing people with a bag of salt it doesn't seem like a good match for me. I'm watching though and will be interested to see where it goes.

Banned

There's been much recent doom and gloom on this thread, perhaps rightfully so or perhaps we are presently in the midst of a correction, either way thought I would offer some balance.

Below are some links of reading interest in respect to the phase of the present secular bear cycle.

Many analysts believe that the present secular bear cycle is at or close to an end, and that we are at an inflection point of a forward secular bull cycle formation.

Will the secular bear take us down, or, are the markets at the cusp of a secular bull formation which could just go up from here ?

http://www.moneynews.com/Gary-Jakack...5/08/id/503353

http://www.marketfolly.com/2013/06/m...n-odds-of.html

Banned

Absolutley, if they are quality stocks presenting good value they will outperform over the long run, shouldn't loose sight of that. I take it that you've resisted any urge to totally cash up and hide in the wardrobe ?

Many, many years ago a lecturer told our class, "You can always tell the state of the economy by the number of cranes on the horizon." Over the years we have noticed this to be true. Times of boom the cranes are everywhere, times of gloom not a one to be seen.

It is the transitional times that cranes aren't the best indicator

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Many, many years ago a lecturer told our class, "You can always tell the state of the economy by the number of cranes on the horizon." Over the years we have noticed this to be true. Times of boom the cranes are everywhere, times of gloom not a one to be seen.

It is the transitional times that cranes aren't the best indicator
    A lot of cranes in Christchurch.