sharetrader
Page 63 of 231 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Even if there is a clear signal which can be extracted from macro-economic data traditional chartist's wouldn’t adjust for it anyway would they? Stand to be corrected there though.
    I agree .... I,m Not a chartist as I feel charts are a great history lesson.
    Thats not to say I totally ignore them. But if a wave is created then all
    ships will rock, some more than others depending on external factors that
    made the wave. Or the building of the wave (GFC), It had to happen !!!.
    Charts tend to display this in hindsight.
    I learnt that lesson in 87. And I was lucky.
    Hoop old son keep up the chart posts, I and others can always learn.
    BB

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I think you might be mistaken about LIBOR. I am not seeing any movements such as those you indicate. Are you sure you didnt mean Chinese Central Bank Interest rates or something? LIBOR is the London InterBank Offered Rate.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...d-history.html

Advanced Member

Interesting article, but unless I am missing something what has it got to do with LIBOR? "Shibor" maybe? You (and barcode - sorry I don't remember the numbers) may just be getting the two confused!
    I am not getting it confused, just put that on, as it is possibly what he is referring to.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    That... Is... Not... Pretty...
    No , I am not aware of an "emerging market " that hasn't run into trouble along the line somewhere , be a hit for everyone if they can't manage this one ....

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/while-y...ties-bd-141696

International markets looked good overnight, should be another positive days trading ... for the meantime at least.

I think you might be mistaken about LIBOR. I am not seeing any movements such as those you indicate. Are you sure you didnt mean Chinese Central Bank Interest rates or something? LIBOR is the London InterBank Offered Rate.

yeah, mistake here, the name is SHBOR, shanghai bank interbank rates. Very tighten monetary policy now

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    4400 being tested again. Too soon for a double bottom Hoop? Looks like it's just part of the overall decline lately rather than a seperate event...
    Hmmm..maybe.... usually a correction lasts a couple of month on average..but you never know for sure as the time variation for how long a bull market correction last can be rather large... 1 month 6 months 9 months?
    The view to be taken should one day at a time looking at possible scenarios both positive and negative and watching for those reversal signs..

Since its down trending and testing the 4400 (4398) again the pessimist view is.... what happens it the short/medium 4400 support breaks? Answer: no big deal.

The worry time starts if the NZX50 starts testing that Primary support at 4335 which has Secular connotations (2007 bull market top)

The correction so far is 5%... its a very small correction if it bottoms out here at 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hmmm..maybe.... usually a correction lasts a couple of month on average..but you never know for sure as the time variation for how long a bull market correction last can be rather large... 1 month 6 months 9 months?
    The view to be taken should one day at a time looking at possible scenarios both positive and negative and watching for those reversal signs..

Since its down trending and testing the 4400 (4398) again the pessimist view is.... what happens it the short/medium 4400 support breaks? Answer: no big deal.

The worry time starts if the NZX50 starts testing that Primary support at 4335 which has Secular connotations (2007 bull market top)

The correction so far is 5%... its a very small correction if it bottoms out here at 4400
    Hoop, thanks. Does it matters if the 4335 and 4398 are reached intraday or must they be breached only at the closing?

i have a consolidation completing and a break of 4380 will fall at least another 100
    one step ahead of the herd

i wouldnt be surprised to see another big fall in the dow tonight or fri night , asx could hit new lows next week
    one step ahead of the herd