sharetrader
Page 65 of 231 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

On the upside there's likely to be a few good buys over the next week for anyone who has any cash ... alas I do not.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    On the upside there's likely to be a few good buys over the next week for anyone who has any cash ... alas I do not.
    My portfolio is 85% cash and I have no intention to buy until I see buy signals...cacheee daggeees loseee fingeees

NZX did or did not have more than 2% drop within one trading day these two years?

Guru

Cheap shares??
    have a look at the NZX50 Manhattan on the Chart
    If the primary support 4435 fails expect the index to cuddle up to the MA200 which be as much as 8% below that support...this gives you the perspective of how far and how fast the index went up in relation with the distance apart with its MA200 line.. In my opinion the index is miles too far apart from it MA200 line...OK, there is a lag effect with the MA200 ...even so if NZX50 buys time they could meet at the 4200 halfway area still about 5% lower than now....

...Manhattan climbs can be a worry when they peter out

Hoop staying out until buy signals return
    disc 85% cash

Last edited by Hoop; 21-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Guru

There is blood on the floors - even XRO is down
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Banned

Hoop, a lot of people have much respect for your posts and your charting exp and advice on this site including myself.

There are a variety of traders and investors who use and read posts here at ST. What balancing and calming advice can you offer young or less experienced investors who are still in and who may be prone to panic sell at such a point in time ?

TEL now showing 1 cent up. Bleeding stops?

Well done Hoop, at 85% cash. I had difficulties getting to 80%. There is always a reason to hold to this one or that.

This a good time for the brave and the intraday traders. But I am neither and will wait out the lousy weather.
    Last edited by Cool Bear; 21-06-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Look at the fear! Marvellous to behold for lovers of human psychology.

Another big drop in the clown portfolio for me today. however, I'm primed to buy more of what I like. Maybe not today though....
    Hard to know if you'll time it right and hit the bottom of what you want, I'm in a very similar boat, but only with the ability to buy a couple at small numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    There is blood on the floors - even XRO is down
    haha, I am waiting at 4000 with 100% cash for the cheap shares.

Caution all, maybe this is not affecting NZX, but be very very careful about this news as the major trading country.

SHIBOR (shanghai interbank offered rate) today jumped up to 13.444% (578.40 BP), People said bank of china may trigger 40billion RMB debt default this afternoon. RBC is having a meeting now to decide whether bail out or other alternative ways to solve the problem.

Personally, I am expected China Index down more than 3% today, which may cause panic to other countries share markets.