sharetrader
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    IMO

Can find no confirmation re the breach atp; Hope its fake news.But ORE have announced previously production forecast to drop because of Pond issues.No transparency thats for sure.S/P up today with UBS becoming a 5% holder.Are they one of the big shorters?

IMO

It was fake news re the pond breach.
    ORE is the no 1 shorted stock on ASX I've read.A suggestion that this is the 2nd stock that Glaucus (professional shorters) are going to do a hatchet job on after QIN (was TFC sandalwood).

IMO

Turn around time today? S/P up 7.3%. Just love those margins ,re 65%(but reality is less; not AISC). Repeated no more funding needed from us. Still improving, refining the operation and Pond imbalances solved.Borax still not making money by the looks. Plenty of cash coming in and its in $US .
    Ausenco appointed for phase two (doubling tonnage), costs lowered to $160 mill from $190m using project finance and cashflow ,dependent on reaching phase 1 production rates(which we are nearly at)
    10,000 tonne lithium hydroxide plant to be built in Japan (re$30 mill)using project debt and off take funding
    March Quarterly Activities Report
    March Quarterly Report Teleconference
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 27-04-2017 at 08:09 PM.

IMO

Caveat -ORE has been a work in progress for a long time and there may well more glitches ahead.

IMO

Strong breakout today powering through 60DMA on increasing vol, s/p up 8.5%.This Mac presentation maybe partially responsible A lot of balls are in the air re expansion ; projects and yes more improvements esp the ponds. Over $10,000 tonne last qtr.

Macquarie Conference Presentation

IMO

Worlds largest battery (100 MW) to be built in Aus within 100 days or its free

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-07/sa-to-get-worlds-biggest-lithium-ion-battery/8687268

This has to be a good investment with a long term play. managed to get in early yesterday. JT, other than GXY do you know of any other lithium companies that are producing? Cheers
    Last edited by RTFQ; 08-07-2017 at 07:33 AM.

IMO

Hi RTFQ ; its been rollercoaster for me and still is at times; heavily shorted, production issues etc. It is the first new brine op in about 20 years i believe. The price rise of Lithium has saved it ,thank dog. Don't know much about any other ones but there aren't many producing . Greenbushes in Aus is arguably the largest but a private company. There are so many little hopefuls and Bulldust companies jumping on the bandwagon ;its a minefield but maybe a play for astute traders (not me) but so risky. Having said that I'm currently in LPI for a swing trade or to hold and was in EMH and keep watching it. These are Lithium from rock plays. The lithium sector went berserk for a while , and may do again. New cheap production techniques are being trialled, one needs to keep up with. With most countries accepting Global Warming now, I see more and more news about car makers and countries switching to EV's for one and lithium batteries are it for NOW. ORE doesn't own 100% of the Olaroz op Toyota and the Jujuy province have a slice too. Youve seen the Lithium thread?

IMO

Great Lithium presentation at bottom.
    All depends on EV ramp up and take up being reasonably accurate. Needs to be incentives/ battery longevity improvements and/or prices coming down which they inevitably will. I haven't bought an EV /hybrid yet partly because although environmentally its a no brainer there are issues and complexity creating a little uncertainty for me about buying a 2nd hand car with the battery condition which can be fudged, replacement costs etc. https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d...442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great Lithium presentation at bottom.
    All depends on EV ramp up and take up being reasonably accurate. Needs to be incentives/ battery longevity improvements and/or prices coming down which they inevitably will. I haven't bought an EV /hybrid yet partly because although environmentally its a no brainer there are issues and complexity creating a little uncertainty for me about buying a 2nd hand car with the battery condition which can be fudged, replacement costs etc. https://newswire.iguana2.com/af5f4d...442/ORE_Announcement_2A1017442.pdf?download=1
    Thanks, From your suggestion re Lithium thread I have identified that NdPr Neodymium (Nd) & Praseodymium (Pr) Primer will also be in high demand, LYC just starting a climb.

A lot of US EV's are also being utilised as mobile batteries as a backup for domestic application, ie to help run the home energy requirements at night and they are recharged when at work during the day. Its the future. Cheers
    Last edited by RTFQ; 09-07-2017 at 08:04 AM.