sharetrader
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The really exciting thing about ORE isn't so much the amount of lithium they have, but the brine chemistry.

Brine Chemistry

The brine chemistry is very attractive.

* The average lithium grade at 800g/kl is similar to the Hombre Muerto Operation and approximately double the grade of the Silver Peak Operation and the Rincon Salar.
    * The Mg:Li ratio is also low (which is desirable for processing) at around 2.8 compared to Atacama , Rincon and Uyuni at 6.4, 8.6 and 19 respectively. Only Silver Peak and Hombre Muerto are lower at 1.4.
    * The sulphate levels are such that soda ash may not be required for magnesium or calcium removal which is of considerable cost benefit.

The grade distribution throughout the deposit indicates the potential for the first 5 to 10 years of an operation to benefit from grades significantly higher than the average grade.

I have no idea why people would invest in spodumene deposits. High grade brine deposits are the standouts and will be where the real money is made long-term due to their long-life and low costs of production (including potash credits).

Quite few years ago (?10+) there was a newspaper story about some new venture startup in NZ that was going to extract Li from the sea & Make us all rich. What became of that scheme?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKY View Post
    Have just recieved an email from ORE directing me to a research on ORE, this was done on the day I sold dammit. The research put a valuation of 140 on ore with a target price of 120, price on day of publication of research 85, my sell price. Shows how this reseach can affect the price, maybe one should subscribe and trade on the hopeful upsurge in price.
    cheers sparky
    Sparky did you buy back in? i am still holding .Price has spiked up to $1.43.
    Suspect that TA would see it overbought.I will continue to be holding into the foreseeable at this stage.

Well done for holding Steve, I did not get back in, I have been reading too much doom and gloom reports re the US economic situation and am being too cautious for my own good.
    I see someone must have recommended GXY because they are up today 19%?.

Incidently I was phoned this AM re PALADIUM, the man said the price of PALADIUM will rocket because of another 2B cash for clunkers scheme in the US and Europe and PALADIUM is used in the pollution control in the exhaust.

Any one investing in PALADIUM ?

CHEERS SPARKY

Advanced Member

Default ORE Chart

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Suspect that TA would see it overbought.
    Right. Technically, ORE is at OverBought levels right now - but this is of no great significance. It is quite normal for uptrending stocks to repeatedly reach "OverBought" levels and this means little, just as the unsupported "sell" signals generated by such oscillators dropping from overbought levels also have little significance (marked with red arrows).

It is nice when several different indicators trigger Buy signals simultaneously, but this does not always happen. The five ORE Buy signals shown here were spread out over 5 months!

Lightbulb

Crikey $1.6 a share and Patterson's saying target price $2.06!!!!!!!

Link here

http://www.orocobre.com.au/PDF/Oroco...arged%20up.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Right. Technically, ORE is at OverBought levels right now - but this is of no great significance. It is quite normal for uptrending stocks to repeatedly reach "OverBought" levels and this means little, just as the unsupported "sell" signals generated by such oscillators dropping from overbought levels also have little significance (marked with red arrows).

It is nice when several different indicators trigger Buy signals simultaneously, but this does not always happen. The five ORE Buy signals shown here were spread out over 5 months!

Still holding ORE the future for lithium/potash and ORE still seems bright to me .Probably should have sold out at $3 and bought back in but been busy with other stuff so havent been watching markets .Anyway bought them for a long term hold

Thumbs up Proposed Tax not to affect Orocobre

ORE looks to be ineligible for Krudd/Swan 40% mining tax.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010051...x6vt4p7flr.pdf

Some recent news from ORE. Unsure what it all means at this stage.

Orocobre Ltd (ASX:ORE, TSX:ORL) is pleased to announce it has been included in the world’s first lithium based Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).
    The ETF, launched by Global X Funds is designed to track performance of the largest and most liquid lithium mining, refining and battery producing companies in the world.
    “This is a vote of confidence in the lithium sector as a whole and follows strong support in the sector from major global motor vehicle suppliers and companies, such as our partner Toyota Tsushu”
    “Investors are increasingly aware of lithium’s important role in a variety of battery applications, in particular for use in electric propulsion.”
    “The inclusion as one of just 20 companies in the ETF highlights Orocobre’s position as one of the world’s next large scale, low cost lithium-potash brine producers.”

Also, a recent analysis suggests the following (from the ORE website):
    Going forward, investors can look forward to these potential catalyst:
    o Completion of a definitive feasibility study in H2/10
    o FinalizeddealwithToyotaTsushoinQ4/10 o An initial resource estimate at Salinas Grandes in
    Q1/11
    �� We are initiating coverage on Orocobre, with a Buy (S) recommendation and 12 month target of C$3.00 based on a 1.0x multiple to NAV.

This is a long term hold for me.

10% rise today. Anyone know why?