sharetrader
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thar she blows! Down 22c today.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by snackpack View Post
    Thar she blows! Down 22c today.
    Manipulation going on here if you look at the buy /sell side there are numerous trades of small parcels including 1 share at a time.

incredible transparent bot program trading ,if you look at the turnover of 189,000 someone accumulating I think.
    Why do the ASX allow this?
    ORE has had a good run and a pullback to be expected BUT the only people who can trade in 1 share multiples at a time must surely be brokers.begs the question WHY ?
    Last edited by stevo1; 07-01-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: additional info

One of the principles when I first started buying shares was that you could only buy a marketable parcel of shares. 1 share isn't marketable. Rules must have changed somewhere along the line. But I note an article the other week describing a huge building holding inconceivable banks of computers for computerised share trading. Albeit in the US, but the scary thing was the algorithms that were optimised for split second trading. I may have mis-understood some of the technology, but that is how I understood it. Perhaps it is a computer program designed to manipulate the price in some fashion by reducing the price over a number of small trades such that it presents a buying opportunity later in the piece? Could be naivety on my part and I need to wrap my head around market depth info better. You are right though; why?

Wink

Seriously considering selling 1/2 of my freeride holding in ORE for a 1700% gain will let the balance ride on .
    I am starting to get a little nervous on where the market goes from here. so maybe time to lock in some good gains from ORE.
    Not selling it all because still think it has room to move higher.

I have the same concerns and will probably do much the same. I note some volatility in the market at the moment. One interesting news snippet came to light recently with France upset that the Chinese had used spies to steal electric car technology from Renault. The Chinese seem serious on expanding electric car technology and production, with a corresponding rise in Lithium required I suspect.

"China, where car fumes account for 70% of air pollution in big cities, is pushing green vehicles hard as part of the development of its own auto industry. Chinese output of electric vehicles is expected to reach one million units by 2020, the official Xinhua news agency said late last year.

Beijing began a pilot programme in June to hand out cash to buyers of electric and hybrid cars as it stepped up efforts to cut emissions, and it is due to present a draft plan setting out billions of yuan of investment in the sector."

ORE are still on a wild ride with, as far as I can see, two major influences:
    1. Lithium is set for a huge oversupply with the majors having significant extra capacity to fill anticipated demand. I guess it boils down to who can produce Lithium the cheapest. This I think is bringing the price down.
    2. ORE have recently release a presentation stating that everything is on track for revised resource estimates, detailed studies on logistics measures and many good news stories and updates will be released this year. This is keeping some expectation in the market.

It will be interesting to see how the competing aspects play out.

IMO

Hi snackpack, youre right re the wild ride.waiting with bated breath the feasibility study due any moment hopefully. Beingwhat will bea lowest cost highest quality brine producer with potash a great by product i think ORE will float as many other lithium wannabes disappear.

JT
    I think that you are right that ORE will be a survivor -the holding that Toyota has in the company suggests that it will.
    Will lithium go into an oversupply situation in the next couple of years because it can be recycled? Perhaps I am just feelig aggrieved that I didn't buy it and watched it run from 1.40 odd?

I will keep watching ORE. I bailed to preserve cash.

IMO

Got back in yest. Four fold increase in Lithium and potash just announced. Fab.