sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default spreadsheet - excel

Can anyone poit me in a direction where I can get instructions on how to do speadsheets on excel

thanks
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Maybe one of those free computing courses?

There's also a guy called excel trader who trades a live automated system entirely in excel.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mick100 View Post
    Can anyone poit me in a direction where I can get instructions on how to do speadsheets on excel

thanks
    http://www.amazon.com/Excel-2007-Dum...5357502&sr=1-1
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Thumbs up

Thanks CJ

I see my local library has got a heap of books, including the one you reccommended, on excel instruction
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Mick, sometimes its as easy to take somebodies already made spreadsheet and then study how it was made.

At the same time you need to become either more, or very familiar with the Excel Program.

Can you advise what type of spreadsheet you are after?

If you are after one that is for tracking your trades, I downloaded one from a trader in the US from his blog.

If you want, I could attach the file here, if that is what you really wish to achieve.

Cheers for now~!

Some good advice already, as well use the Excel help function, I have found the solution to almost all diffiulties there.

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    If you are after one that is for tracking your trades, I downloaded one from a trader in the US from his blog.

If you want, I could attach the file here, if that is what you really wish to achieve.
    Throw it up as it's always good to see a different way of doing things...

Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

On the subject of spreadsheets I currently use this position size calculator. http://forum.incrediblecharts.com/me...ion-249749.xls (It is only a 30k download).

Anyone have any comments.

I'd be interested in how others set initial stops and especially targets. I usually just use previous support and next resistance points respectively...but this can be a fairly limited range so I then look at the next level of support and resistance. Ideas?

Enjoy.

Whirly
    Last edited by whirly; 03-10-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Default Excel spreadsheet

Cheers for now~![/QUOTE]

Would be great to have a look at this spreadsheet, if poss. My Excel skills could do with some guidance from a well-built spreadsheet.

Sorry for the delay folks, I totally forgot that I posted on this thread..lol ooppss

Please note that this was taken from a trading blog from somewhere on the web that I come across so I take no credit for actually doing this, but hope it comes in handy for those who find it useful.

Attachment 2084

Pass it around or Enjoy.