sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PRG - Programmed Maintenance

From the SKE thread but worthwhile following PRG Programmed Maintenance Services

When looking at at outsourcing related businesses a year ago I came up with a subset of PRG TEM UGL SKE SPT and TSE

Of those SKE and PRG (Programmed Maintenance) seemed the best of the group and I ended up taking PRG on board - mainly because PRG's EBIT margin of 13% was significantly higher than SKE's 4% and because PRG was trading at a lower PE than SKE at the time.

In addition I felt more comfortable with PRG because of business dealings here and in OZ and one could keep ones eyes and ears on how they were progressing.

As it has turned out both SKRE and PRG have done very well over the last year -but SKE did do a little better. when it put on a surge since acquiring another business.

I expect PRG to be a good steady performer - it's PE is creeping up but only 13 times forecast earnings. There is no real reason to expect the forecast double digit earnings growth not to eventuate as a lot of future income is to a certain extent 'locked' in.

Occasionally you do hear talk that they could be a takeover target for somebody like Spotless. After all PRG has a relatively low market cap at $200M - the smallest of all the companys mentioned.

I'll stick with it for a while longer .... but sec still watching SKE as well.

(And no - PRG isn't Pacific Retail)

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Agree with you W69, I sold my remaining SKE holding in March to buy PRG. They upgraded forecasts in April and announced a 17% increase in NPAT for 03/04 today.

There were other things that impressed me with today's result. They must be conservative when it comes to accounting procedures because they have previously underestimated valuing WIP. Also highly cashflow positive and wisely using this cash to reduce long term debt. 30% dividend increase. Six consecutive years of 10+% revenue and NPAT growth. And finally, they're forecasting another year of 'more of the same'.

All this for PE of 11 looking forward.

SEC

i have not performed any analysis on this coy and it may well be a sound purchase based on fundamentals. i have however had some experience as a customer and have been very unimpressed. a smallish for them painting contract (80k) has dragged on and on with the quality of the work being very ordinary. i will not be using them again although the choices in the market are lmited. a client opinion for what it is worth.

Pajama, if your painting contract was in Chch I am not surprised at delays. I have been waiting for weeks to get maintenance work done on my rental property, this sector is so busy at the moment.

The market likes the PRG story at the moment though, the share price is setting all time highs and up 20% in less than 2 months...

SEC

Price been a bit flat overall lately but some reasonable dips to top up.

Long term uptrend still in place - company outlook still looking bright

Good steady performer

Another one that I've looked at also: seem quite impressive[?] Perhaps topping out a little...[?]

No news to drive the PRG price lately since it reported months ago. Wait until October/November for earnings guidance/profit announcements.

SEC

I must say (PRG holder here) that I'm feeling a little disappointed here. At first blush PRG has lovely ratios, and has performed steadily and well for the last several years. Yet it seems to be stuck on a modest p/e that to my mind does not reflect its potential at all.

Is there some cloud hanging over PRG that I am unaware of?

Don't think there is a cloud hanging over PRG .. still on track to make that double digit earnings growth and that 13% EBIT margin is very good

Everything i said above still holds

Price action has been a bit unexciting of late but PRG keeps on keeping above the SMA200 line so technically still trending up ... just

Trouble is next profit announcement is not to April so might be out by then

Out of this now ... fundamentally still looks OK but chart started to look weak

a solid 60% plus over 2 years not all bad but time to move on

Will continue to keep an eye on