sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    ANZ Securities

Default Setting up NZX stop-loss

Quote Originally Posted by arcticblue View Post
    Alice, how do I set up a stop loss for my NZ shares?

Thanks
    Hi arcticblue,

Just give us a call - 0800 805 777 if you're a Direct Broking client - and we can activate the function for you.

Cheers,
    Alice
    ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777

I got all excited when I saw a new post on this thead.

Yes Strat I know that feeling.
    With National Bank in its heyday as online broker, the ASX stop loss worked well.
    Pitty that direct cannot sort out their technical problem!
    KIWIWIM

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiwim View Post
    With National Bank in its heyday as online broker, the ASX stop loss worked well.
    I use Directbroking as my Investment account but use ASB for my trading account. ASB offer Stop losses & I find Directbroking very fustrating sometimes when I'm trying to buy or sell a share in a hurry. DB usually takes 2 - 3 minutes (sometimes up to 10mins or longer) to check trades & has cost me money on occasions. ASB is instant!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiwim View Post
    i started share trading just before the gfc hit. at the time nbnz was using something called
    first nz capital i think. when i started, they had all the stuff - stop loss/live watchlist etc etc. within a week they took one of those facilities away. cant remember which one, it
    doesnt matter. they whittled it down to almost nothing then eventually they swapped to direct brokers. the combination of this and the gfc didnt do my trading acct alot of good, although i have made it up since(a bit of a struggle and alot of learning - more to do).
    nbnz really should make available an aud account and direct brokers should offer straight through processing and stoploss on asx(at least).

ANZ Securities

Default Stop losses etc

Hi STRAT, kiwiwim, Brut and jennym.

Thanks to you all for the feedback.

Unfortunately all I can say is that for various reasons and restrictions we are, at this point in time, unable to deliver on the points you have raised.

Please stay tuned for further updates - your comments are not falling on deaf ears.

Thanks for your patience and time,
    Alice
    ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777

Quote Originally Posted by Brut View Post
    I use Directbroking as my Investment account but use ASB for my trading account.
    Other than what you mention about stop loses and instant transactions, what other differences are there between ASB and DB?

If ASB seem to offer more, why would you use DB for your investing, why not just use ASB for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    Other than what you mention about stop loses and instant transactions, what other differences are there between ASB and DB?

If ASB seem to offer more, why would you use DB for your investing, why not just use ASB for everything?
    wbosher, both ASB & DB have there advantages. My wife & I have a trading a/c (short-term) with ASB in a Companies name for Tax purposes. I also have a Investment a/c (long-term) with DB.

ASB charge $30 per trade (up to $10,000) but DB only charge $29 per trade (up to $30,000)

With regard to Trailing stops/stop losses etc, what do you guys and girls do here if you are away from the internet for a period of time, e.g. on holiday and no access to internet or not allowed to/shouldn't be
    ANZ securities now offer "trigger when price" facility but only on NZX where as ASB has a similar facility on both markets. You have to ring them to get it made available!

Do you just leave and hope for the best or sell up before if going to be away for x no of days weeks (how many if so)

More applicable to shorter to medium time investors than long term perhaps but A lot can happen in a week, e.g FBU, SUM etc
    Don't think you can load a sell too far away from the current price , to get around the no Trigger when system - platform won't let you??