sharetrader
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Voltaire

that also bugged me.

do asb have a capability to trade ASX out of an $AUD account, NZX from Kiwi?

I called DB last week who said they were working on it, gave 6-8 week timeframe.

the exchange rate conversion (at Nat at least) every time is a rort, comfortably more revenue from their commission and shade than the brokerage.
    Last edited by shawsie; 16-09-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawsie View Post
    do asb have a capability to trade ASX out of an $AUD account, NZX from Kiwi?
    Yes they do.
    I have a cash management account for NZ and foreign currency account for Aus.. You can buy ASX directly from your NZ account but it's better to move bulk lots to your foreign currency account at the right time I'd've thought.
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

I set up a Macquarie account for the ASX through DB. It took a little over a week after I sent in the paper work and I was away trading in $AU...easy.

Hi Alice
    I was with National and used their stop loss on ASX shares. However they closed!!
    I looked at marketing on DB site and read that I could sell at Trigger. Yes that is right but not ASX!
    Marketing a bit dodgy. It clearly covers trades on NZO & ASX.
    I am also now looking around to find away to be able to place stop losses. Should not be to difficult to organise for Direct Direct broking seeing that E_TRADE does. Prefer not to have to go again through all the hoops of setting up new broking accounts.
    Hope you can get this organised for the DB site, forget about the NATIONAL!
    KIWIWIM

Dart Monkey which exchange rates do you get off ASB I get TT rate off ANZ but a wholesale rate of DB this is as much as 2.5cents in each dollar better either way So I actually transfer money From or To Australia through Direct Broking as well as share purchases and No $50.00 fee this makes a hell of a saving
    Possum The Cat

Hey Possum,
    I'm not sure how the rates are calculated but I'm d4^n sure they aren't wholesale!
    I use the calculator here: -
    https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/inter...nge-calculator
    and then phone them for an actual rate.
    I would be reeeeaaally interested in a comparison between DB and ASB with say $10000 because I get the feeling that there'd be a significant saving somewhere ...

Dart Monkey https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire.../ourrates.aspx If you check the rates at the bottom of this page is very close to what you get or pay you can also get an estimate as you place an order by putting in the currency you want a quote for and then changing it if you wish to settle in another currency if you are a client but the mid point rate is very close but remember it keeps changing
    Possum The Cat

Dart Monkey just checked your link ASB. 0.8087 + A Commision is charged Direct 0.8161
    Hope this helps
    Possum The Cat

Thanks Possum
    certainly does

Default Any progress

Alice - Any progress on being able to place stop-loss orders? Would be good to have these in place before the next leg down.....