Quote Originally Posted by cycat64 View Post
I refuse to be an apologist for Kathmandu. However, I think there needs to be some balance in arguments from posters. As I have claimed before, it is a highly successful business. To date we have to say it has expanded successfully into Australia and although it is highly leveraged it still seems to be making a profit. It is hardly the only business around that is not currently priced higher than its IPO. Just as an aside, can anyone explain why Fisher Funds have put money into this business? I would have thought their track-record was pretty good in picking winners and that they do the hard yakka homework. Fisher does tend to be in for the long haul however, and rides the ups and downs.
Yes it was a very successful business,but I think their business model of 3 large sales a year is weak.With retail being terrible here and in Aussie I think they will struggle.Halinsteins and Briscoes have surprised me with their good reults ,great retailers with strong reputations for supplying good products at fair prices.I brought some CVT not that long ago at 85cents when Fishers sold out,so they do not allways get it rightI