sharetrader

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Threaded View

Yeap..must admit I saw the opening match price was going to be $2.15 and was tempted having sold out at $2.65 a whopping 50 cents higher last week. Is a 50 cent drop enough punishment is the thought that crossed my mind ? Yeah...NAH...Xavier should have known to be a LOT more conservative with his choice of words, (played far to loosely with the term "strong growth") at the annual meeting update and I reckon he needs a bit more "seasoning" to be a really good CEO so that makes me wonder if whether he might have played far too loosely with shareholders capital with that shoe company acquisition ?

The magic words that investors love to hear "eps accretive" were used in the capital raise but I'm not seeing it. I think the market is starting to wonder too... I think investors have reasonably long memories and will remember he has cried wolf on strong growth and looks set to deliver negative eps growth and I think that dogs the company going forward for quite some time, perhaps indefinitely until they do deliver strong eps growth ?
    A number of big name retailers got smashed on the NYSE last night...Target doing well though so I think value is always "on trend" which is not really what KMD is about is it..
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-01-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine