sharetrader
Page 100 of 207 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2067

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Need to think outside the puff.Being able to selfinflate your puff-er jacket with a small canister of hydrogen gives the bonus adaptability of becoming a Drone Alone, albeit with a Huhu grub look alike appearance.
    Chch Central city "hub" store... Oh man talk about listen to the tumbleweed. I've a lot of respect for their fronting up to being part of "the rebuild" but how long are they gonna be hanging solo in the big empty here for?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Yeah, man. Nice catalogue and all but when's winter gonna actually get here. I had a plague of freakin' FLIES this weekend - it's May - in the South Island - unheard of. I reckon all the clothing retailers will be on bended knees asking for frosts and then more... The longer this Indian Summer lasts the more screwed they're gonna be. Winter is the big season for Kathmandu and they may find others hit the sale button early... It all spells reduced earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Yeah, man. Nice catalogue and all but when's winter gonna actually get here. I had a plague of freakin' FLIES this weekend - it's May - in the South Island - unheard of. I reckon all the clothing retailers will be on bended knees asking for frosts and then more... The longer this Indian Summer lasts the more screwed they're gonna be. Winter is the big season for Kathmandu and they may find others hit the sale button early... It all spells reduced earnings.

Good post, I agree entirely. They've done a pretty good job on the marketing but I just don't see where the demand is going to come from. Sure some people will need to purchase if they're travelling somewhere cold but domestic (either Aust/NZ) sales look risky. It will be interesting to see how this situation is managed given the company's recent history dealing with lacklustre winter sales...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Good post, I agree entirely. They've done a pretty good job on the marketing but I just don't see where the demand is going to come from. Sure some people will need to purchase if they're travelling somewhere cold but domestic (either Aust/NZ) sales look risky. It will be interesting to see how this situation is managed given the company's recent history dealing with lacklustre winter sales...
    All of which reminds us that shareholders had the chance to broaden their retail exposure by accepting Rod Duke's offer last year. Oh well, seasons come and go - or used to!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    All of which reminds us that shareholders had the chance to broaden their retail exposure by accepting Rod Duke's offer last year. Oh well, seasons come and go - or used to!

What did Rod (Briscoes) offer again?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

$1.78, I thought.

Rod's offer was:
    Five Briscoe shares for every nine Kathmandu shares plus 20 cents cash for every Kathmandu share.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    $1.78, I thought.
    Yes, the bid was valued around $1.78-$1.80 at the time.

Bought some items recently online. Very impressed with the experience and the quality was pretty good. They could improve their overall presentation on the mail items but it was good overall.

The real gem is their online shop but I still think they need to "Amazon" the experience by building the feedback community for item reviews.