sharetrader
Page 107 of 208 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2075

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

A profit UPGRADE as long as July is OK

Shares back to $1.80 pretty quick i reckon

Those selling recently must be gutted .....those taking a punt yippee
    Last edited by winner69; 30-06-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

1. "A substantial proportion of the year’s sales and earnings result are still dependent on trading in July, the finalmonth of the financial year. "

Not a holder but i'd be cautious here.With June being the warmest on record or in 1oo years(take your pick) unless July reverts to the norm they are going to be stuck with an oversupply of puffed up winter wear again. With Global warming in our frontal lobes now i wouldn't want to gamble with this; I'd rather be an investor.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A profit UPGRADE as long as July is OK

Shares back to $1.80 pretty quick i reckon

Those selling recently must be gutted .....those taking a punt yippee

aghh.. I was close to topping up at 130.. oh well

On my rounds and just a little behind..

[QUOTE=Joshuatree;626737]
    1. "A substantial proportion of the year’s sales and earnings result are still dependent on trading in July, the finalmonth of the financial year. "

Not a holder but i'd be cautious here.With June being the warmest on record or in 1oo years(take your pick) unless July reverts to the norm they are going to be stuck with an oversupply of puffed up winter wear again. With Global warming in our frontal lobes now i wouldn't want to gamble with this; I'd rather be an investor.

[/QUOTED]
    Disagree. Simonet has been pretty cautious in all his statements and they will have sales plans/running strategies in place considering autumn and current months have been not as cold. In other words, they're already making money from supposedly warmer climes. Anyway, anthropegenic global warming is a crock. We're probably heading for cooler times: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11665744

"Anyway, anthropegenic global warming is a crock. We're probably heading for cooler times"

Agree right up to this statement..

IMO

Yep right on cue Kathmandu winter sale has just hit my inbox.The sale that more and more people are realising isn't a sale but normal suggested retail prices(my opinion) except that its a kathmandu brand so no one will ever be able to prove it. still if it works all good but surely each time they have a sale more people opt out in a law of diminishing numbers? i bought a way better jacket (Puma) for less at Farmers at their 30% off sale but it was actually the recco retail price cause i looked on Puma Nz; still way cheaper than Kathmandu equiv sale price imo.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 01-07-2016 at 11:24 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    "Anyway, anthropegenic global warming is a crock. We're probably heading for cooler times"

Agree right up to this statement..
    Yes.Check the front page of todays Herald drcjp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep right on cue Kathmandu winter sale has just hit my inbox.The sale that more and more people are realising isn't a sale but normal suggested retail prices(my opinion) except that its a kathmandu brand so no one will ever be able to prove it. still if it works all good but surely each time they have a sale more people opt out in a law of diminishing numbers? i bought a way better jacket (Puma) for less at Farmers at their 30% off sale but it was actually the recco retail price cause i looked on Puma Nz; still way cheaper than Kathmandu equiv sale price imo.

Just checked out a few websites for "running" jackets and I have to say theres not much in it really. I would argue that Puma is targeting the value segment of the market and they do seem to offer great price points (but not exclusively). I assume Kath would say they're largely positioning themselves with a more technical product design angle. Either way they seem to know what they're doing - whenever I'm at the weekend veg market on a cold morning its interesting to note the many Kathmandu, Macpac etc etc jackets that everyone seems to own.

http://store.nike.com/nz/en_gb/pw/me...7puZobr?ipp=69
    http://nz.puma.com/mens/clothing/jackets-outerwear.html
    http://www.macpac.co.nz/mens/jackets...hell-windproof
    http://www.adidas.co.nz/men-jackets
    http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/mens/jack...l-jackets.html
    Last edited by huxley; 01-07-2016 at 01:41 PM.

IMO

Sure ihas been avery successful brand ; unquestionable; i do question how long they can keep it there and suggest the diminishing returns with age/time theme needs to be watched.A bit of copycat happening too re other stores starting to add more technical type labels polishing up polyester into all sorts of super fabrics etc.