sharetrader
Page 108 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2067

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Just checked out a few websites for "running" jackets and I have to say theres not much in it really. I would argue that Puma is targeting the value segment of the market and they do seem to offer great price points (but not exclusively).
    Given that they are selling through Farmers, it will be the value end. But not bad looking jackets/prices!

Personally I steer away from KMD. Normally just wait for a good special at T7.

IMO

There is quality mixed in at Farmers now.My (not a running jacket) insulated jacket similar to Kathmandu Exmoor ("on Sale) for $250, mine with thinsulate etc re $130 or so, big difference. I dislike down as its bulky,useless when wet and needs careful dryng to get the loft back.And think about those ducks and geese; how many times do they get liveplucked in their lifetime.

[QUOTE And think about those ducks and geese; how many times do they get liveplucked in their lifetime.[/QUOTE]

Ha, once!

http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/articles/...g-of-down.html

Veteran novice

FN Arena reports that Macquaries have upgraded Kathmandu:

"Macquarie rates KMD as Upgrade to Outperform from Neutral (1) - Kathmandu has reported sales year to date are up 2.6%. FY17 earnings targets are upgraded, with a range of $49-53m now expected.
    Macquarie had expected the late start to winter and warm Easter put the earnings risk to the downside. While the second half performance appears to have validated management's strategies the broker believes questions may arise about the sustainability of the turnaround.
    Still, with the stock trading at a 20% discount to the previous bid price the broker upgrades to Outperform from Neutral. Target rises to $1.70 from $1.60.
    Target price is $1.70 Current Price is $1.47 Difference: $0.235 If KMD meets the Macquarie target it will return approximately 16% (excluding dividends, fees and charges). Current consensus price target is $1.60, suggesting upside of 9.0%(ex-dividends)The company's fiscal year ends in July.
    Forecast for FY16:
    Macquarie forecasts a full year FY16 dividend of 8.25 cents and EPS of 15.50 cents .At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 5.63%. At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 9.45. How do these forecasts compare to market consensus projections?
    Current consensus EPS estimate is 14.3, implying annual growth of N/A.Current consensus DPS estimate is 8.4, implying a prospective dividend yield of 5.7%.Current consensus EPS estimate suggests the PER is 10.2.Forecast for FY17:
    Macquarie forecasts a full year FY17 dividend of 10.09 cents and EPS of 16.23 cents .At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 6.88%. At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 9.03. How do these forecasts compare to market consensus projections?
    Current consensus EPS estimate is 16.2, implying annual growth of 13.3%.Current consensus DPS estimate is 10.2, implying a prospective dividend yield of 7.0%.Current consensus EPS estimate suggests the PER is 9.0.
    This company reports in NZD. All estimates have been converted into AUD by FNArena at present FX values. Market Sentiment: 0.3 All consensus data are updated until yesterday. FNArena's consensus calculations require a minimum of three sources "

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    [QUOTE And think about those ducks and geese; how many times do they get liveplucked in their lifetime.

Ha, once!

Thats great that Kathmandu make sure their source plucks from dead ducks/geese. hell who hasn't got a down duvet; makes one think though.

Weather has turned a bit colder too so good luck to holders.

http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/articles/...g-of-down.html[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 01-07-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Not sure the Goose sees this as the best option though! LOL

See Her Majesty couldn't resist the sudden surge in the KMD share price the other day and sold a million odd shares

Probably heard that no winter in NZ this year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See Her Majesty couldn't resist the sudden surge in the KMD share price the other day and sold a million odd shares

Probably heard that no winter in NZ this year
    Lots of commenters here mention the weather. You do realise KMD sell stuff in the summer/spring/autumn too? And they're making money despite all the concerns re our mild autumn winter so far. Go figure.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    Lots of commenters here mention the weather. You do realise KMD sell stuff in the summer/spring/autumn too? And they're making money despite all the concerns re our mild autumn winter so far. Go figure.
    True. But apparel retailers need a decent winter to convince fashion-conscious consumers that last season's gear isn't up to another year's wear. A slow start to the winter means a slow take up of the new stuff and a lot will give it a miss entirely.

Fall-winter season is more important for KMD's earnings than spring-summer, so they obviously need to have a good season. But Australia represents almost 65% of their sales so ..... how cold is it in Melbourne this year?

I do wonder though if we have reached peak puffer jacket coverage. Every second person in Auckland seems to own a Kathmandu or Macpac. I wonder if they've ridden that wave as far as it goes...........