sharetrader
Page 19 of 207 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

small premium as expected

Just what every IBanker wants.... I.e the vendor got a good price but a little bit left in it for the punters.
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Fair enough. We are talking here about the firm, Waddell, not Waddell the person.

And Wadell now represents McDuall Stuart.

Anyway, the other brokers are going to eat humble pie if KAT is priced really low by the institutions.

Let's watch and see.
    So much for all the negative talk here and Kathmandon't.

Nice IPO. Nice profit.

Guru

It's only the first day - the proof in the pudding is what happens over the coming weeks....but still, better than Myers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It's only the first day - the proof in the pudding is what happens over the coming weeks....but still, better than Myers!!
    Proof of the pudding is that it has listed well - confounding the doom and gloom merchants (Kathmandon't indeed!)

Money in the bank for those who went in for a quick profit. 66m shares traded in Oz and 11m in NZ.

Big lesson to be learnt here.

Watch some of the posters here carefully.

When they get feverishly negative, you know you are on to a winner.

Could be big or could be small - but a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Proof of the pudding is that it has listed well - confounding the doom and gloom merchants (Kathmandon't indeed!)

Money in the bank for those who went in for a quick profit. 66m shares traded in Oz and 11m in NZ.

It looks like
    "We did not get an allocation so we don't like it."

Perhaps why the NZ brokers missed out.

I haven't tried for any new issue recently. Too little cash, it has been much more profitable I think,going for as many as possible of the SPP's and rights isues.

I took a look at those purchased, not one was lower than purchase, Rakon has just managed to stay afloat. Presently, gain about 30% since April 2009, better I think than
    the FPO's, taking a guess gain must be close to 100% annual rate.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by OldRider View Post
    I haven't tried for any new issue recently. Too little cash, it has been much more profitable I think,going for as many as possible of the SPP's and rights isues.

I took a look at those purchased, not one was lower than purchase, Rakon has just managed to stay afloat. Presently, gain about 30% since April 2009, better I think than
    the FPO's, taking a guess gain must be close to 100% annual rate.
    I agree with that.

There's not been any need to chase IPO's for those who qualified for the many lucrative rights issues and SPP's. Some of the gains, particularly on the Aussie issues such as the banks, TSE, RIO, BOW etc have been spectacular. Of course, one had to be holding the right shares at the time!

Will have to revisit this threat in 2 years time and see where the sp is. As we all know, the med to long term invest dont really care where the short term price movement is, cos 2-10% return is neither here nor there. We dont see shrewd investors like JC buying PPL for a 2-10% gain and flick it off in a week.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 15-11-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Will have to revisit this threat in 2 years time and see where the sp is. As we all know, the med to long term invest dont really care where the short term price movement is, cos 2-10% return is neither here nor there. We dont see shrewd investors like JC buying PPL for a 2-10% gain and flick it off in a week.
    I am going to consign this posting to posterity.

Medium to long term investors? On sharetrader?

Remember what was said about JC and Rod Duke when they bought PPL and the sp kept falling?
    Last edited by Balance; 15-11-2009 at 08:37 PM.