sharetrader
Page 194 of 207 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2067

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Rods $87m investment now worth $37m ……..Rod wouldn’t like that methinks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Kathmandu have revamped their rewards program for customers. It seems very generous on a quick look. Heck you can get reward points just by ticking boxes to say you've looked at a view or gone for a beach stroll. They also have free shipping for everyone. I always raise an eyebrow about overly generous retail reward programs. Does it mean they are doing so well they can afford to sweeten things up? Or is it a sign of a company struggling for sales?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    Kathmandu have revamped their rewards program for customers. It seems very generous on a quick look. Heck you can get reward points just by ticking boxes to say you've looked at a view or gone for a beach stroll. They also have free shipping for everyone. I always raise an eyebrow about overly generous retail reward programs. Does it mean they are doing so well they can afford to sweeten things up? Or is it a sign of a company struggling for sales?
    ... might be just a reflection on their undiscounted sales margins (like Briscoes). As a customer I only buy from them on specials (and thre are plenty), but as a shareholder I can live with their strategy as long as it works.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I reckon $39m-$40m profit which puts them on a 13.5-14 P/E

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I reckon $39m-$40m profit which puts them on a 13.5-14 P/E
    Bit expensive then

And acquisition execution risk

I can’t remember which stock/s I held that Allan Gray bought into. But I know the name is associated with deep pain for me. A name I will always remember, like some of the names of the Tainted Directors thread, started in 22-11-2009. Wynyard anyone? Some interesting comments in the thread about finance companies for those who have forgotten or were not investing back then.

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7372-Tainted-Directors/page7

And in todays news;
    " A former National Cabinet minister is to be charged for misleading investors during his directorship of failed finance company Lombard Finance.
    The Securities Commission announced today that it would launch civil proceedings against four Lombard directors, Sir Douglas Graham, Michael Reeves, William Jeffries and Lawrence Bryant.
    Mr Graham was Minister of Justice and Attorney-General for a National Party-led Government during the 1990s."

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I can’t remember which stock/s I held that Allan Gray bought into. But I know the name is associated with deep pain for me. A name I will always remember, like some of the names of the Tainted Directors thread, started in 22-11-2009. Wynyard anyone? Some interesting comments in the thread about finance companies for those who have forgotten or were not investing back then.

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7372-Tainted-Directors/page7

And in todays news;
    " A former National Cabinet minister is to be charged for misleading investors during his directorship of failed finance company Lombard Finance.
    The Securities Commission announced today that it would launch civil proceedings against four Lombard directors, Sir Douglas Graham, Michael Reeves, William Jeffries and Lawrence Bryant.
    Mr Graham was Minister of Justice and Attorney-General for a National Party-led Government during the 1990s."
    Allan Gray the company is associated with deep pain for you? Like they screwed you somehow? I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Allan Gray the company is associated with deep pain for you? Like they screwed you somehow? I dont get it
    Good question Rawz. And very relevant to share trading.

This is from the book The Disciplined Trader by Mark Douglas.

“Associations seem to be a natural characteristic of the way in which we think. That is, our brains are wired in such a way as to link similar forms of environmental information together automatically. We do this basically in two ways. First there is a natural propensity to label people and objects based on some prominent characteristic and then categorize them into associative groups. After we categorize the groups by sex, hair, colour, skin colour profession, economic status, educational background, and so on, we then associate whatever experience we have about the group with everyone and everything that has those same characteristics. For example, if we have a painful experience with a person who has a skin colour different from that of our own we will automatically associate every one with that skin colour with the qualities of that one experience.

The second way we associate is by linking extraneous sensory information with some event. We will automatically associate what we are smelling, tasting, hearing or seeing along with the quality of energy of the primary experience. For example, a child getting spanked will associate all the other environmental information that his senses are inadvertently picking up with the pain he is feeling from the spanking. So, if there was some song playing on the radio or a distinctive odour in the air at the same time he was experiencing pain, he will associate the song or the odour with the pain.

In future when he hears that song or smells that particular odour, they will automatically cause him to experience the negative energy connected with the spanking. Even years later if he hears that song it will carry him back to that time, changing his experience from happiness to anger, sadness, or guilt.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Good question Rawz. And very relevant to share trading.

This is from the book The Disciplined Trader by Mark Douglas.

“Associations seem to be a natural characteristic of the way in which we think. That is, our brains are wired in such a way as to link similar forms of environmental information together automatically. We do this basically in two ways. First there is a natural propensity to label people and objects based on some prominent characteristic and then categorize them into associative groups. After we categorize the groups by sex, hair, colour, skin colour profession, economic status, educational background, and so on, we then associate whatever experience we have about the group with everyone and everything that has those same characteristics. For example, if we have a painful experience with a person who has a skin colour different from that of our own we will automatically associate every one with that skin colour with the qualities of that one experience.

The second way we associate is by linking extraneous sensory information with some event. We will automatically associate what we are smelling, tasting, hearing or seeing along with the quality of energy of the primary experience. For example, a child getting spanked will associate all the other environmental information that his senses are inadvertently picking up with the pain he is feeling from the spanking. So, if there was some song playing on the radio or a distinctive odour in the air at the same time he was experiencing pain, he will associate the song or the odour with the pain.

In future when he hears that song or smells that particular odour, they will automatically cause him to experience the negative energy connected with the spanking. Even years later if he hears that song it will carry him back to that time, changing his experience from happiness to anger, sadness, or guilt.”
    I understand. Would be like if a company called 'Tequila' started investing in KMD. Would put me off KMD big time

150k giveaway. I'm in.