sharetrader
Page 21 of 207 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Maybe. I've no regrets I didn't get into this IPO at $2.13. Stagging for $2.23 isn't worth it. Price already dropped back to $2.16 so I'll keep it on my watch list purely as a point of reflection.
    So a month on we have Oz showing interest at UAUD$1.65. And NZ has stalled with only 2 bids, the best at NZ$2.03. Perhaps the best way to get something out of KMD at the moment is via their up to 60% off sale.

Was in my local store yesterday picking up a few Xmas goods. Asked the store manager how things were going this year, he said that they were a bit ahead of last year and thought the styles this year were better. I noted that stock levels looked lower and he suggested that the ordering system had improved a lot.

As a follow-up to my earlier posts. The return to investors in the Hauraki No.2 fund for their 25% ownership of Kathmandu was 3.4x the original capital. This represented a 41.7% compound annual return. The general impression created was that the float was a bit of a damp squib for the owners. Well, I beg to differ.

..as well you should...no surprises there i suppose...in my world there is saying..."always leave something for the next bloke (shella i suppose to..)"...and in my experience ...30 plus years its done me well....aint lost heaps...aint made heaps...made enough though...just average...cheers...

Veteran novice

Today's IPO pricing works on the basis of tendering the shares to the highest bidder, or at least, the highest price at which the offering will be taken up.

I doubt that the concept of leaving money on the table has very much to do with it, from the vendor's point of view.

..thats my point..."they"...extract the last cent out of the deal...maximise the "good" in the product...and sell...leaving behind a "bright future"...but then some of us see futures in products that are at a "low"...after a while i have realised that when "everything is rosy in the garden"...then what are the chances of "things getting better"...from a situation of "things" ...being ..."great"...Look at tiger...what were the chances of his situation actually improving....from perfect...having said that I am aware of the saying "never stand in front of a "moving train"...so ....I really havent a clue....just plugging along....cheers...

KMD's next profit announcement will be very interesting. If they cant meet forecast the shares will get hammered.

Yes a great IPO indeed......... Yeah Right.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 24-12-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Wish there is an IPO like this every month. Easy money.

All the stock you want and all the stock you can sell in the first week for a profit yo the Aussies.

BRING THEM ON!!!!

Kathmandu done a bit better then Meyer since floating .... on the ASX KMD only down 5% while MYR down 11% from the IPO price.

Both down though the ASX up 3-4% since they both floated.

Another not so good sign is that both are not that far off the lows they have achieved.

Easy money for some in the early days but will be interesting where both are in 6 months time

That Meyer store in Melbourne is a dogs breakfast of a place ... is undergoing a major fit out but heck it is a mess.

Kathmandu stores in Wellington don't seem to have to had too many shoppers in them this week

Guru

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Kathmandu done a bit better then Meyer since floating .... on the ASX KMD only down 5% while MYR down 11% from the IPO price.

Both down though the ASX up 3-4% since they both floated.

Another not so good sign is that both are not that far off the lows they have achieved.

Easy money for some in the early days but will be interesting where both are in 6 months time

That Meyer store in Melbourne is a dogs breakfast of a place ... is undergoing a major fit out but heck it is a mess.

Kathmandu stores in Wellington don't seem to have to had too many shoppers in them this week
    Winner , The real lesson from these OVER PRICED floats/refloats is NEVER BUT NEVER buy any share that a private equity partner has had anything to do with, IMHO most of them would sell their fathers (for a $ or whatever ) if they knew who he was.