sharetrader
Page 22 of 207 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

...Whatsup....what a perverted point of view...more so given the time of year...how dear you slay these kind folk beavouring away behind ...ummm...somewhere...trying to mmmmm..do good stuff.....darn it....you know what i mean....shame on you.....anyways..

PS ...hope you have a good one...

Guru

Question

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ...Whatsup....what a perverted point of view...more so given the time of year...how dear you slay these kind folk beavouring away behind ...ummm...somewhere...trying to mmmmm..do good stuff.....darn it....you know what i mean....shame on you.....anyways..

PS ...hope you have a good one...
    Please say that all again in anglich?

I don't wish to be an apologist for Kathmandu as I no longer have an interest in them, nor do I wish to. However, I am amused at the trash that is being written in this thread. It matters not whether the previous owner was an individual, a private equity fund, or whatever. They will be selling to maximise their return. The market determines the price according to the demand for the shares, presumably after the buyers have done due diligence.

In the case of Kathmandu there is no evidence whatsoever that their float will turn out to be a dud for those who elected to get on board. Quite the contrary. It has been a hugely successful business to date with a marvellous track record, a record that would easily eclipse most of the better companies on the NZX boards.

It is correct that in the recent IPO it was mainly the Aussies that came to the party. But what does that tell us ? Since when have the Aussies been inferior in their judgement than New Zealanders ?

Let us wait to see if this outfit meets its prospectus projections. Then cast judgements, but any conjecture at this point is plain drivel.

Guru

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by cycat64 View Post
    I don't wish to be an apologist for Kathmandu as I no longer have an interest in them, nor do I wish to. However, I am amused at the trash that is being written in this thread. It matters not whether the previous owner was an individual, a private equity fund, or whatever. They will be selling to maximise their return. The market determines the price according to the demand for the shares, presumably after the buyers have done due diligence.

In the case of Kathmandu there is no evidence whatsoever that their float will turn out to be a dud for those who elected to get on board. Quite the contrary. It has been a hugely successful business to date with a marvellous track record, a record that would easily eclipse most of the better companies on the NZX boards.

It is correct that in the recent IPO it was mainly the Aussies that came to the party. But what does that tell us ? Since when have the Aussies been inferior in their judgement than New Zealanders ?

Let us wait to see if this outfit meets its prospectus projections. Then cast judgements, but any conjecture at this point is plain drivel.
    Yeh right, pass me a Tui!!!

...dear cat you put your point very well...and it is appreciated....however i would venture to say that the opinions put forward are from folk who have experience have ..."lost some skin" over their investment lives....hence their posts....to state same is "drivel" is very very very brave...and perhaps somewhat arrogant....position to take....but good on you anyways.....I wish you well....

I think JC will have the last laugh on KMD.

Just watch this space.

disc: not a sh, did not buy any in the IPO
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

CaN IT HOLD $1.60?

How low can this dog go?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    CaN IT HOLD $1.60?

How low can this dog go?
    Answer appears to be NO .... close at 159.5

See what happens tomorrow for confirmation

Default 300% profit

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I think JC will have the last laugh on KMD.

Just watch this space.

disc: not a sh, did not buy any in the IPO
    Er? What last laugh?

The private equity interests who bought from her are the ones laughing like hyped-up-on-P gang members all the way to the bank. Bought from her for $1 in 2006 and sold for $4 equivalent - a profit of over 300%!!!!

She must be bitter as twisted Invercargill lemon that they stole the company from her.

It's the Australians who bought the hype who are wearing the losses from the IPO. Bloody good job too! Great IPO for NZers who sold to the Ozzies.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/news/print...ectid=10605033
    Last edited by Balance; 04-01-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Answer appears to be NO .... close at 159.5

See what happens tomorrow for confirmation
    Sp now at $1.55. With flat retail sales as indicated by WHS and MYR will be testing times for alternative clothing stores. Trading at a high PE, one wonders if KMD can meet forecast. We saw what happen to PPL sp when they miss forecast.

Those that have been saying.... Great IPO... Yeah right mate.