sharetrader
Page 25 of 207 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Agreed. Though I'm not sure there is anyone here that has bought since listing so doubtful anyone is going to make anything.

It might be more of a case of pondering how much people who did buy and hold will loose. It will also serve as a beacon for future PE IPO's. Sure we can refer to FTX and draw conclussions but one bad deal shouldn't necessarily spoil future opportunities. That would be a bit like saying "People lost their shirts in '87 so i'm not investing in shares ever again."

I suspect this IPO will be another lesson for investors in IPO's. For the sake of current owners I'm hoping we don't see a repeat of reknown investing techniques (such as the "Belg") but thats a wee way off yet.
    Don't kid yourselves for 1 sec that KMD will serve as a beacon for future PE IPO's. There have been FTX, FRE, VTX, PPL, JBH, FRU etc. They are all different and as they should be.

One thing for sure - 'Wall St learns nothing and remembers nothing." Multiply that 10 times in NZ and Australia.

Also, you and Dr Who seem to think that everyone buys into IPOs as long term investments. They do not.

Also, notice Westpac has just disclosed a shareholding in KMD? They manage billions so a $20m loss here and there is nothing. Learn something from that.

Bugger!

SP now above IPO price.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Bugger!

SP now above IPO price.
    It as a surprise - but is it sustainable?

NPAT 4.4m without extraordinary's is a 50 PE.

Actual result 11m loss.

NTA is -12 cps!

Why is this up 7%
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post

Actual result 11m loss.

NTA is -12 cps!

Why is this up 7%
    NTA is - [12] [loss], Cant understand KIWI`s paying overs for a dog LOSS when the juggeled BOOKs only..

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post

Actual result 11m loss.

NTA is -12 cps!

Why is this up 7%
    Presentation said full year NPAT will be $31m after allowing for IPO stuff

That puts KMD on a PE of about 15 after todays rise ... and 15 is where the market players put things until they work out what really is going to happen

Plenty of growth to come they say

Maybe, just maybe, this is an IPO where everybody won

MYR and KMD included in the S&P index or something like that end of this month. Dont know the exact date. So a combination of meeting target and index buying? It would be good if they can sustain the earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by cycat64 View Post
    I don't wish to be an apologist for Kathmandu as I no longer have an interest in them, nor do I wish to. However, I am amused at the trash that is being written in this thread. It matters not whether the previous owner was an individual, a private equity fund, or whatever. They will be selling to maximise their return. The market determines the price according to the demand for the shares, presumably after the buyers have done due diligence.

In the case of Kathmandu there is no evidence whatsoever that their float will turn out to be a dud for those who elected to get on board. Quite the contrary. It has been a hugely successful business to date with a marvellous track record, a record that would easily eclipse most of the better companies on the NZX boards.

It is correct that in the recent IPO it was mainly the Aussies that came to the party. But what does that tell us ? Since when have the Aussies been inferior in their judgement than New Zealanders ?

Let us wait to see if this outfit meets its prospectus projections. Then cast judgements, but any conjecture at this point is plain drivel.
    KMD now trading at 40c above their IPO. Perhaps the Aussies knew a bit more than many of the posters on this thread.

...wow....gee the SH's of this outfit are a staunch lot.....not....

....mmmm...very quite here ...mmmmm
    Last edited by troyvdh; 21-05-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: honesty

Share Collector

Added to the S&P "All Australian" 200 index... they're stealing our stuff again!