sharetrader
Page 27 of 207 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

LOL mini....gud1 bro! ( I might even drive from Kathmandu to Briscoes and get a double bargain while Im at it)
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    LOL mini....gud1 bro! ( I might even drive from Kathmandu to Briscoes and get a double bargain while Im at it)
    Well you'd better be quick. Supply chain is working in overdrive to keep up with demand. Back up the truck - another 100,000 has just gone out the back. C'mon, Live The Dream, get some of this clearance stock while it lasts! Go on - you know, in your heart of hearts that you really do want some KMD in your bottom drawer. Impress your friends with this iconic brand - you could pull the script out at your next dinner party - just imagine the envy of your ALF holding guests as they see the real hard core adventure enthusiast in you.

Though on a more serious note 2,000,000 crossed in Oz today at $1.40 in one trade so someone was happy to exit/buy.
    Last edited by minimoke; 05-08-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cycat64 View Post
    KMD now trading at 40c above their IPO. Perhaps the Aussies knew a bit more than many of the posters on this thread.
    And then there was deafening silence from all the come-out-of-the-closet-critics for 3 months until yesterday.

What's the point of being critical now when the sp is below IPO price?

Even hindsight charlies do better than that!

Great IPO for those who bought for a stag and who flipped out as well when the sp went well above IPO price.

Poor ozzie cousins - they are left to suck the kumara on this one!
    Last edited by Balance; 05-08-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Super Investor

From an observation point of view, KMD stores are empty. One of their largest stores, Macquarie Shopping Centre (250,000 customers per week) has gone. Wife wont let me buy KMD shares.
    h2

percy

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    From an observation point of view, KMD stores are empty. One of their largest stores, Macquarie Shopping Centre (250,000 customers per week) has gone. Wife wont let me buy KMD shares.
    At least you married well>!! Sensible girl.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And then there was deafening silence from all the come-out-of-the-closet-critics for 3 months until yesterday.

What's the point of being critical now when the sp is below IPO price?

Even hindsight charlies do better than that!
    ???

Footsie said it would be good for a quick stag. Now you agree... credit where credit is due. No hindsight charlie there!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Great IPO for those who bought for a stag and who flipped out as well when the sp went well above IPO price.
    ??? there was only a 5% gain in the IPO in listing (hardly a stellar stag) and it was all down hill from there. KMD has only been above IPO price for 3 months of its life - the rest well below. The Mid Feb buyers@ $1.90 (below IPO) will have done the best if they sold out mid April @$2.55. Other than that, quite unspectacular.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    At least you married well>!! Sensible girl.
    I just go with the flow percy.
    h2

I refuse to be an apologist for Kathmandu. However, I think there needs to be some balance in arguments from posters. As I have claimed before, it is a highly successful business. To date we have to say it has expanded successfully into Australia and although it is highly leveraged it still seems to be making a profit. It is hardly the only business around that is not currently priced higher than its IPO. Just as an aside, can anyone explain why Fisher Funds have put money into this business? I would have thought their track-record was pretty good in picking winners and that they do the hard yakka homework. Fisher does tend to be in for the long haul however, and rides the ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by cycat64 View Post
    I refuse to be an apologist for Kathmandu. However, I think there needs to be some balance in arguments from posters. As I have claimed before, it is a highly successful business. To date we have to say it has expanded successfully into Australia and although it is highly leveraged it still seems to be making a profit. It is hardly the only business around that is not currently priced higher than its IPO. Just as an aside, can anyone explain why Fisher Funds have put money into this business? I would have thought their track-record was pretty good in picking winners and that they do the hard yakka homework. Fisher does tend to be in for the long haul however, and rides the ups and downs.
    Fisher fund track record good?

When they buy, you sell.

When they sell, you buy.

That's their track record!

Kathmandu yet another darkening example, along with TUA, BGR, PPL, RAK etc etc etc!
    Last edited by Balance; 08-08-2010 at 05:59 PM.