sharetrader
Page 42 of 207 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    profit downgrade similar reasons as the warehouse
    I am sorry I can't give the link,but I did read a few days ago Australian retailers were finding things tough,weather and the budget blamed.
    I am in Westport today.If we think retail faces challenges,Westport retailers face HUGE challenges.!!!! I just can not see how they can make a profit even if they did not have to pay rent and power.!!! Keeping shops open for long hours for so few customers must be heart breaking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am sorry I can't give the link,but I did read a few days ago Australian retailers were finding things tough,weather and the budget blamed.
    I am in Westport today.If we think retail faces challenges,Westport retailers face HUGE challenges.!!!! I just can not see how they can make a profit even if they did not have to pay rent and power.!!! Keeping shops open for long hours for so few customers must be heart breaking.
    There's no shortage of winter coming, might need a new rain jacket whilst there Percy, take care on the pass too;

“The largest impact of this event is likely to be in Westland and the headwaters of the Canterbury lakes and rivers. 250 to 300mm of rain could accumulate near the main divide and rainfall intensities could reach 20 to 30mm per hour.”

IMO

Commented yesterday when i went to Katmandu on the sheer glut of product esp down jackets(which are useless if they get wet btw) they are trying to flog at big price drops. Very few buying too.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    There's no shortage of winter coming, might need a new rain jacket whilst there Percy, take care on the pass too;

“The largest impact of this event is likely to be in Westland and the headwaters of the Canterbury lakes and rivers. 250 to 300mm of rain could accumulate near the main divide and rainfall intensities could reach 20 to 30mm per hour.”
    Yes tomorrow trying to return to ChCh could be a challenge.Got caught in snow last year.At least there is still a Postie Plus here in Westport should I need another woolly pully.See from their shop window they have thermals from $6.!!!

The ""great winter storm'' which is coming is a load of baloney, sure there will be some rain and wind but it isn't a great winter storm as the headlines on Stuff etc are shouting out.

The way I see it snow levels will be only as low as 2000m (not down to car park level in most ski fields in NZ) and this will see most of the snow blown half way to Chile.

So, sorry Kathmandu holders, no need for too many puffer jackets from this lot !

Would love to be proved wrong and see half a metre dropped to 1000m but I don't think so.

Lovely warm winters day in Wellington - 19 degrees according to my weather station

But jeez 2 of these for $200 is tempting ... must get colder sometime
    Last edited by winner69; 26-06-2014 at 12:20 PM.

IMO

"Weakness presents buying op" T/P $3.90 , Quality retail exposure"Craigs

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lovely warm winters day in Wellington - 119 degrees according to my weather station

But jeez 2 of these for $200 is tempting ... must get colder sometime
    Brought a very similar one from Hallensteins outlet shop for $25.!!
    Wait for Postie clearance,may get 2 for $30.

Same store sales up 30% in first 6 weeks of financial year

WOW

Bloody Aussies not buying as much as they meant to

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/206064.pdf